Vanilla

It has 20 trillion subscribers, so it has to be good.

Re: Vanilla

Postby Tryden » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Ivy- wrote:
Coldchylde wrote:We both rolled rogue on horde side.

But if we want to try and get a real group going i can roll a healer for your tank. I probably won't be good at it though.
What is a good healer class? I don't know much about vanilla.

I don't remember how healers compared since it was such a long time ago (and I played DPS...) but I believe Holy priests/holy paladins were on top iirc. But I played alliance mostly in vanilla raiding so that excludes resto shamans. That being said, I know resto shamans were pretty essential for raids because of totems and bloodlust so keep that in mind since you're playing horde. I don't remember how resto druids were compared to those but I think they were just slightly behind? Honestly you'd be fine with any class.

Resto druids were good for PvP, not really necessary in raids

Holy priest was the core healing class, resto shamans were nice for chain healing/totems and paladins for the blessings/auras/flash heals. Palis were usually main healers alongside holy priests

tl;dr: play holy priest, most versatile healing class

edit: Genma remember that time you discovered my bot in Arathi Highlands
Tryden

Liked in: 1198 posts

Postby Ivy- » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:11 pm

Tryden wrote:
Ivy- wrote:

But if we want to try and get a real group going i can roll a healer for your tank. I probably won't be good at it though.

I don't remember how healers compared since it was such a long time ago (and I played DPS...) but I believe Holy priests/holy paladins were on top iirc. But I played alliance mostly in vanilla raiding so that excludes resto shamans. That being said, I know resto shamans were pretty essential for raids because of totems and bloodlust so keep that in mind since you're playing horde. I don't remember how resto druids were compared to those but I think they were just slightly behind? Honestly you'd be fine with any class.

Holy priest was the core healing class, resto shamans were nice for chain healing/totems and paladins for the blessings/auras/flash heals. Palis were usually main healers alongside holy priests

Or, you know, he could play whatever he wants to play. You fucking prick.
Ivy-

Liked in: 154 posts

Postby Tryden » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Ivy- wrote:
Tryden wrote:
Ivy- wrote:

Or, you know, he could play whatever he wants to play. You fucking prick.

oh i'm sorry i guess we'll be some kind of guild of casuals

hold on while i go make an experimental arcane mage build brb
Tryden

Postby Coldchylde » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Tryden wrote:

Fuck you. You ruined my innocence with that bot. Games were never the same again.

Tryden likes this post.
Coldchylde

Liked in: 34 posts

Postby Ivy- » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Tryden wrote:

So I can feral tank now right

Coldchylde wrote:
Tryden wrote:

Fuck you. You ruined my innocence with that bot. Games were never the same again.

SO DID ARAH, GENMA, BUT WE MOVED ON. WE ENDURED.
Ivy-

Postby Tryden » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:05 am

Ivy- wrote:
Tryden wrote:

So I can feral tank now right

yeah i'll join you with my retribution paladin
Tryden

Postby Xune » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:21 pm

Tryden wrote:

I'm glad to see that someone here has the right idea.

Also,

Priest - (Holy For heals) (Shadow wasn't the best at PVE but everything was pretty much viable)
Druid - Resto is only spec :^) (Warrior Tank is better than Bear Tank) (Feral - You will never be a rogue)
Shaman - (Horde only) Resto was nice for healing and you bring bloodlust. TRIPLE WINDFURY CRIT AND FROSTSHOCK
Paladin - Holy pretty much (Warrior Tank was too God Tier) (I'd play this class mainly because of bubble hearth and Divine Intervention)AURAS
Warrior - Probably the best class in vanilla (Best tank and pretty great at dps) Just google a rank 14 warrior for pvp
Mage - This was one of the top 3 DPS classes. Basically any spec was great too. (Go Arcane power + Zandalarian Hero Charm) gg
Rogue - Probably another top 3 DPS class granted it was basically 50% of the servers (I personally liked combat)
Hunter- The last of the top 3 dps classes. (Yay for kiting)
Warlock - *Fear* 10000000 SHADOW BOLT CRIT AGHHHHHHHH *Fear*
Death Knight - Ha
Monk - Haha
Demon Hunter- Hahaha

All I remember :^)
Xune

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby Lanks » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:52 pm

Xune wrote:
Tryden wrote:

I'm glad to see that someone here has the right idea.

Also,

Priest - (Holy For heals) (Shadow wasn't the best at PVE but everything was pretty much viable)
Druid - Resto is only spec :^) (Warrior Tank is better than Bear Tank) (Feral - You will never be a rogue)
Shaman - (Horde only) Resto was nice for healing and you bring bloodlust. TRIPLE WINDFURY CRIT AND FROSTSHOCK
Paladin - Holy pretty much (Warrior Tank was too God Tier) (I'd play this class mainly because of bubble hearth and Divine Intervention)AURAS
Warrior - Probably the best class in vanilla (Best tank and pretty great at dps) Just google a rank 14 warrior for pvp
Mage - This was one of the top 3 DPS classes. Basically any spec was great too. (Go Arcane power + Zandalarian Hero Charm) gg
Rogue - Probably another top 3 DPS class granted it was basically 50% of the servers (I personally liked combat)
Hunter- The last of the top 3 dps classes. (Yay for kiting)
Warlock - *Fear* 10000000 SHADOW BOLT CRIT AGHHHHHHHH *Fear*
Death Knight - Ha
Monk - Haha
Demon Hunter- Hahaha

All I remember :^)

That's the World of Warcraft that you play, That's the World of Warcraft that you play, That's the World of Warcraft that you play, That's the World of Warcraft that you play

Tryden likes this post.
Lanks

Liked in: 82 posts

Postby Zephonim » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:22 pm

If anyone wants it, I have been following a few leveling guides that got me going after I slowed down at 27. Both are good but there are a few quests that do not exist for one reason or another, mainly because these guides were updated for Burning Crusade, but I was usually far enough ahead of the guide in exp that it did not matter if I skipped a few quests.

http://www.joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm#54

http://www.wow-pro.com/node/739

Z
Zephonim

Liked in: 31 posts

Postby Ivy- » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:21 pm

Zephonim wrote:If anyone wants it, I have been following a few leveling guides that got me going after I slowed down at 27. Both are good but there are a few quests that do not exist for one reason or another, mainly because these guides were updated for Burning Crusade, but I was usually far enough ahead of the guide in exp that it did not matter if I skipped a few quests.

http://www.joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm#54

http://www.wow-pro.com/node/739

Z

Don't you dare use a leveling guide for vanilla you casual
Ivy-

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft