Rest in peace Thoughtless ):

It has 20 trillion subscribers, so it has to be good.

Rest in peace Thoughtless ):

Postby Tryden » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:44 pm

Rest in peace Thoughtless. I only wanted my account back so I could sell it on Ebay Image. In the end, I was just in it for the lulz. For the back story, consult the legendary thread, Tryden versus Blizzard: Epic Battle Round 1

World of Warcraft - Final Review‏ From: aasupervisor@blizzard.com
ImageYou may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe Sent: March 3, 2008 5:39:43 PM To:
Greetings John,

Thank you for contacting us in regard to the closure of the World of Warcraft account, ZAKEN. I have reviewed all information pertaining to this action, and I regret to inform you that we have come to the same conclusion: the account was found to have been advanced through the use of unauthorized third party automation software known to severely damage the World of Warcraft Economy. This automation software was being used to advance the character Thoughtless, of the realm of Darrowmere.

As a result of this confirmation, I regret to inform you that the actions taken upon this account shall not be reversed under any circumstances. Please note that these actions are taken to maintain integrity within the World of Warcraft, and are not taken lightly.

Please understand that the evidence you have requested contains propriety information and is not currently available for public distribution, as to do so may compromise our investigation process. Please also note that while the subscription was cancelled January 15, 2007, the account's last subscription did not expire until February 13th, 2007. Our investigation does not show that the account was compromised.

This action has been taken in accordance to our Terms of Use (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html) and our game policies (http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20309), which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to participation. When an account violates these policies, the situation is reviewed and appropriate action is taken.

Please review the following selections from the World of Warcraft Terms of Use:

Section 1: Eligibility.

You represent that you are an adult in your country of residence. You agree to these Terms of Use on behalf of yourself and, at your discretion, for one (1) minor child for whom you are a parent or guardian and whom you have authorized to use the account you create on the Service.

Section 3: Establishing an Account.

During the registration process, you will be required to select a username and a password that are unique to the Account (collectively referred to hereunder as "Login Information"). You may not share the Account or the Login Information with anyone other than as expressly set forth herein.

Section 6: Security of Login Information.

You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Login Information, and you will be responsible for all uses of your Login Information, whether or not authorized by you. In the event that you become aware of or reasonably suspect any breach of security, including without limitation any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your Login Information, you must immediately notify Blizzard by emailing wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com.

Section 7: Blizzard's Absolute Right to Suspend, Terminate and/or Delete the Account.

BLIZZARD MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE THE ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violations of this Terms of Use or the EULA.

Section 8: Ownership/Selling of the Account or Virtual Items.

Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. Blizzard owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Program. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, or any other attributes associated with the Account or stored on the Service. Blizzard does not recognize any virtual property transfers executed outside of the Game or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything related to the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell items for "real" money or otherwise exchange items for value outside of the Game.

As multiple administrators have determined that the correct action was taken in this matter, I regret to inform you that any further e-mails regarding this issue may go unanswered. Thank you for your time and understanding of our position in this matter.

Regards,

Caraemir
Account Administration Supervisor
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=21505

Customer satisfaction is a top priority here at Blizzard Entertainment, and we would like your feedback on the level of service you have received. Please feel free to provide such feedback at the following web address: http://us.blizzard.com/support/survey.xml?i=2399&d=3/3/2008%209:22:18%20AM&t=trance_control_x@hotmail.com
Tryden

Liked in: 1196 posts

Return to World of Warcraft