Setting up Teamspeak 3

A place to talk about random crap.

Setting up Teamspeak 3

Postby Tryden » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:24 am

Going forward we're going to be using Teamspeak 3 instead of Raidcall. This guide will help you set it up. Start by going to the image below and downloading the client. Double check to make sure you're downloading the correct version for your operating system (e.g. 64-bit version or 32-bit version). Make sure you download ONLY the client, NOT the server version.

When you have it downloaded and installed, hit "Connections" in the top left corner. A window will pop up like in the example below. Type in our server address, vindictive.tserverhq.com. If that gives you an error, our direct IP is vs20.tserverhq.com:9021.

If you need the password, MESSAGE ME ON THE FORUMS. Or ask in Guild Wars 2 guild chat.

TS3example.png

When you run Teamspeak 3 for the first time, you'll get the setup wizard so you can pick a push to talk button and all that. If you don't get it, go to Settings>Setup Wizard.

If you right click your name once you log in, you can do a lot of things, like change your nickname, set your avatar, etc. The self and tools options on the toolbar are also really useful for doing things like contacts or file transfers to other people.

LOLfffffffff.png

Also, you may notice that the two image examples have two different skins. You can change your Teamspeak 3 skin by going to the link below and downloading a skin. There are instructions for changing your skin on each skin's download page.

http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/skins/stylesheets.html

I think that covers all the major things. If I missed anything and you have suggestions, feel free to jump in. ^__^
Tryden

Liked in: 1181 posts

Re: Setting up Teamspeak 3

Postby apogeesound » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:08 am

Mauser, dragon and I are forever immortalized as casuals
apogeesound

Liked in: 24 posts

Postby Metalflame » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:08 am

Is it just me or do I see Nova Cat in one of those screenshots?
Metalflame

Liked in: 56 posts

Postby Tryden » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:08 am

Metalflame wrote:Is it just me or do I see Nova Cat in one of those screenshots?

About five people messaged me last night being like "uh Nova is on our TS" and I was like NO THAT IS RESIDENT TROLL METALFLAMES
Tryden

Liked in: 1181 posts

Postby Drakkor Anulian » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Woot, TS3!

I didn't mind Raidcall, but those error 22s were annoying. Glad we switched.
Drakkor Anulian

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Novax » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:30 am

Hey Tryden I found out why I couldn't connect to the teamspeak lol. The direct IP was missing "t" from "tserverhq"
Novax

Liked in: 0 post

Return to General Nonsense