Anyone going to play Battlefield 4?

Upcoming releases, latest news and games Vindictive should play.

Re: Anyone going to play Battlefield 4?

Postby Tryden » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Zephonim wrote:Nice, make sure you finish all three endings(it is not difficult, you have three choices at the very end). You do unlock some decent weapons, specifically the M249 LMG for the support class, it honestly did make a difference for me.

When you play multiplayer do you plan on playing hardcore(i.e. friendly fire is on) or normal?

I always played regular but I decided to try Hardcore in BF4 and I am loving it.

Z

Didn't even know there was a normal versus hardcore option. I'm leaning toward hardcore, though. I like friendly fire on ^__^

Sidenote: I didn't really pay attention to dog tags and discovering weapons. Should I go back and get all the tags in the missions I already did?
Tryden

Liked in: 1196 posts

Postby Zephonim » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:28 am

Unless you like the way a dog tag looks, then go back for them, otherwise they are not really worth it imo.

As for the weapons you find in the campaign, those are only for the campaign. It is the campaign assignments that reward you with weapons for multiplayer, I would get all of those just so you have something better than standard equipment. Again, I really found the M249 to be invaluable for multiplayer.

There are some pretty unique advantages and disadvantages to hardcore. You only start out with about 60 health instead of 100 which means fewer shots(pretty much 1 shot anywhere from a sniper) to kill you, the enemy or a team mate. No cross hairs, meaning you have to aim. No spotting and cute little triangles above the enemy's head from across the map(though you can still spot and get the spot bonus), team mates are still marked with blue but not always, unless you have them in your sights(I try to identify by uniform, still have a few friendly fire accidents). Usually more tactics and sticking with your squad in hardcore. Like I said, I have been diggin it though, adds another bit of challenge.

When does everyone usually play? Would love to jump on and get some squad time in.

Z
Zephonim

Liked in: 31 posts

Postby Tryden » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:32 pm

That sounds really nerve-wracking. No crosshairs? Fuck, I'm going to spray everyone with friendly fire ):

I haven't had the time to game much in the past two weeks, honestly. Probably won't have much time till this weekend if you want to set something up then.

Also, Genma told me last night he finished the campaign. So I know he's TOTALLY READY for multiplayer. RIGHT, GENMA? :twisted:
Tryden

Postby X_Stomp_X » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:00 pm

names xxSTOMPxx

look me up :D
X_Stomp_X

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby Xairyen » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:14 pm

STOMP, I MISS YOU.
Xairyen

Liked in: 95 posts

Postby X_Stomp_X » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Xairyen wrote:STOMP, I MISS YOU.

No one misses me....I've never been gone :)
X_Stomp_X

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby Tryden » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Bump

I believe Sigma and Elric are getting the game this weekend. Maybe it's a good time for Genma and I to leave the shelter of campaign mode and embarrass ourselves in multiplayer
Tryden

Postby Nova Cat » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Double exp week btw
Nova Cat

Liked in: 0 post

Postby SigmaEx » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:40 pm

yeah getting it on amazon for 35 bucks so yeah might get it tonight
SigmaEx

Liked in: 160 posts