Who is playing DayZ?

Upcoming releases, latest news and games Vindictive should play.

Re: Who is playing DayZ?

Postby Zephonim » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 am

Coldchylde wrote:We can play together but grouping is not set up yet. We would just follow each other around. If we can find each other. That's not so easy. Big ass map.

I found the easiest way of getting together to be joining someones game on Steam(right click their name and select Join Game), it takes you right to their server.

For the Map I use http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#4.072.117. Best map I have found, it is accurate. I have it running on my tablet while playing, otherwise I just alt+tab to it. DayZ standalone does not state your location when you first log in like the Arma 2 mod did. So what I always do since you always start a new character on the shore, is I would run along the shore with the water on my left and have my buddy run with the shore on his right... 90% of the time this worked. I would also try to find a sign by a town if I came across one so I could see where I was on the map. They are in Russian though, you just need to be able to match the writing... unless you know Russian^^.

I am excited, I usually play on Friday or Saturday night.

Edit: Also, what I would do too was always play a female. Since the game does not have any identifiers(names above heads) I would know that any male characters were not in my group and shoot them... it made the enemies easily detectable... until more people started playing female characters.
Zephonim

Liked in: 31 posts

Postby Tryden » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Save me Aemon :(

Wumaduce likes this post.
Tryden

Liked in: 1196 posts

Postby Tryden » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:52 am

GIVE ME YO STUFF

Tryden

Postby ZOned Out » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:47 am

Ha you got robbed??? Telling to kill everyone you see
ZOned Out

Liked in: 29 posts

Postby Tryden » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Fuck. So we've gotten into quite a few fire fights in the past week. I've learned some lessons for anyone looting in a city that might be filled with other players.

1. Have your gun out and shouldered at all times.
2. Close doors behind you when you loot. That way you don't give away that someone is in the building.
3. Fire and move. Don't shoot multiple times from the same position, you will get killed.
3. If you're in a group, memorize your team-mates' appearance. Tell people on TS when you've changed your appearance.
4. If you kill someone, WAIT IN AMBUSH. Chances are they might have friends. Those friends will come looking for you. Wait to loot the body and get to a vantage point where you can watch it.
5. Finally: kill first and ask questions later.

Oh and here's a nice photo of me doing a blood transfusion for an unconscious Dragon after he accidentally drank disinfectant. Thanks to Jimmy for being a donor. Sadly, Jimmy was shot in the head later that night by someone camping my body. RIP.

Tryden

Postby Tryden » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:33 am

STANDOFF

Tryden

Postby War Mimic » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:35 pm

who won? :X
War Mimic

Liked in: 0 post

Postby LostElric » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 pm

LostElric

Liked in: 16 posts

Postby apogeesound » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:47 am

So I got a coupon from multiplaygameservers.comm that gives me 30% off any of their products. These are the guys I got my starbound server with and I've been really pleased with their service.

I know a few people expressed interest in vindictive getting a DayZ server, this would cost $64.30/month for a 40 slot server.

Is anybody still interested? If so, I'd be willing to contribute $10/month of that
apogeesound

Liked in: 24 posts

Postby ZOned Out » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:26 am

Thought everyone would enjoy this video. Didn't happen to me but thought was funny as hell.
ZOned Out

Liked in: 29 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming