Skyforge Open Beta

Upcoming releases, latest news and games Vindictive should play.

Skyforge Open Beta

Postby KrampusDoomfister » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:18 am

Check it out, good looking new MMO. Open beta starts july 16th.

Avisse likes this post.
KrampusDoomfister

Liked in: 35 posts

Re: Skyforge Open Beta

Postby Avisse » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:47 am

Eh, worth a shot.

Beats wasting my time talking to the other housewives in the neighborhood. Gods. Suburbia. >__>

#homebody #recluse #imaplaymesomevideogames
Avisse

Liked in: 139 posts

Postby Ivy- » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:12 am

When I was checking it out, a friend told me it was pretty fun. My only gripe is the instanced bullshit; hopping from planet/zone(whatever) to another in fixed levels like Warframe instead of being open world. Although, some of the levels seemed pretty big so....willing to give it a shot.
Ivy-

Liked in: 154 posts

Postby brti » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:24 am

Avisse wrote:Eh, worth a shot.

Beats wasting my time talking to the other housewives in the neighborhood. Gods. Suburbia. >__>

#homebody #recluse #imaplaymesomevideogames

Is your life basically Desperate Housewives when you're not playing vidya?
brti

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby Zephonim » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:58 am

I played in three Closed Beta tests and I did have a lot of fun. The instances are a little annoying but I do believe you can have people join you. They are more like each zone has one group of quests and they can be redone to achieve different Achievement Levels(i.e. Bronze, Silver, Gold). There are also open questing zones as well where there are other people but that just means you are waiting and competing for quest mobs. Besides all that I did have a good time playing this, I enjoyed the Sci-Fi/Fantasy mix they have going on.

Something to know though, even though this is a "Open Beta" the devs have stated there will be no more character wipes between open beta and full release. What you do now will be carried over.

Edit: Also, the naming scheme they have fucking pissed me off, I had to put in a ticket to get the name I wanted because "The name cannot contain incorrect words"... You do have to have a first and last name and they cannot contain what their system deems as an incorrect word(Which most names are). The first and third beta I could not use Zephonim Aqra or any other iteration of it, but it allowed Gummy Bear. Not sure if they fixed this.
Zephonim

Liked in: 31 posts

Postby Aemon Algiz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Holy shit a MMO I actually want to play.
Aemon Algiz

Liked in: 99 posts

Postby Cyendia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:31 pm

Aemon talked me into it.

Zephonim likes this post.
Cyendia

Liked in: 228 posts

Postby Ivy- » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:35 pm

@Zephonim

Wellp, I have it downloaded and ready for the 16th lol. The most important question, though, is do you think this is a game that can last more than 1-2 weeks?
Ivy-

Liked in: 154 posts

Postby Zephonim » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:21 pm

That is a tough one, I am all over the place lately with games so not sure about me. There is plenty to do but then again I never saw what the endgame is like. You also get 1 character that can switch to any class. Not sure if you have to unlock all the classes first or if you just have them.

Another thing that interests me though, and I just thought of it, is the follower system. Since you essentially are referred to as a god amongst mortals, there is a mini-game that involves gaining worshipers.

Order System:
http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/orders-aelion
http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/adepts-making-most-them

Also I really did like the PvP, I played in 3v3 arenas and 10v10 point control. The Pantheon(Guild) Wars sound fun too, but you need at least 100 to participate.
http://skyforge.wikia.com/wiki/Pantheon

Last, are the classes::
http://skyforge.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Class

Ivy- wrote:@Zephonim

Wellp, I have it downloaded and ready for the 16th lol. The most important question, though, is do you think this is a game that can last more than 1-2 weeks?

ZOned Out likes this post.
Zephonim

Liked in: 31 posts

Postby Lanks » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:21 am

Here we go again........

2 people like this post.
Lanks

Liked in: 81 posts

Next

Return to Gaming