What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Is ESO any good?

its alot of fun. its def harder than most games that have come out in recent years, but not to the point where you need to get a bot lol. the quests are interesting and the class builds are varied i.e. any class any role. The crafting actually is worth your time. The pvp is really fun, the downside to it is you'll have to wait till 50 for a big power curve increase. The dungeons through out 1-50 arent the hardest but still fun. Once you hit 50+ thats when you can start to do vet dungeons and get to experience some really cool boss mechanics. At VET10 you get to do the craglorn and trials which is a new zone and raid that should come out in the next 2 weeks. Overall there is a bit of everything and is a very good looking game.

Things that are being added-

crime system(a.k.a stealing from and killing npc's and avoiding getting caught).

imperial city pvp dungeon(prbably like darkfalls if anyone knows what that is)

spellcrafting(no idea)

and a bunch of other crap.

anyways i gotta go. you can ask me more on vent if you see me on.

:ugeek: I'm going to have to agree with Xai and Ivy on this one lol. I just can't seem to get into it. I might try to pick it back up again when it goes F2P...which it will eventually. I think it depends on how much you put into it and how open you are to having fun in it. I've decided I'm going to get into SWTOR online and play a bounty hunter. I need something different than the whole elves and magical fantasy creature themes so I'm going Sci-fi. If anyone plays it I'm starting on Shadowlands server for now just to get the feel of it and learn, then I'll switch to pvp server.

Good news...my semester is over, I'll have time to play now outside of working AND......my time away from you guys has been productive lol...my GPA is 4.0 haha (yes, even the calculus class went well considering) :p and I'll still be playing GW2 but only wvw for some quick fun.

Well, like any MMO it has its pros and cons. I know you're already playing it now Krampus, but for everyone else, I'll spell out what I think is good and bad about the game.

Pros:

-Graphics. It's one of the best-looking MMOs I've played. It has the usual attention-to-detail you'd expect from an Elder Scrolls game.
-Lots of PvE content. Between the quests, open-world bosses, solo dungeons and group dungeons, every map has a lot to do. Skyshard and lorebook hunting is also fun.
-Mass-scale RvR. A spiritual successor to games like DoAC and Warhammer Online. Cyrodiil is expansive and there's lots of room for different playstyles (solo roaming, small group roaming, havoc groups, zerging, etc.)
-Lore. It's the Elder Scrolls universe and the game does a good job immersing you in its lore with its quests, lorebooks and dungeons.
-Complex crafting system. If you like crafting, this game has one of the most unique crafting systems I've seen in an MMO.

Cons:

-Feels like a single player game. Storyline progression forces you to do some of the instanced quests by yourself. Also, most quests are chains, which forces people to just end up questing solo.
-Dark Anchors, the game's dynamic event content, are boring. Once you've done one, you've done them all.
-Combat. Coming from GW2, the combat in this game is slower and clunkier than other MMOs.
-Load times. They're really bad.

Overall, it's a well-polished game from a content perspective, even if there are some annoying bugs (a lot of people crash loading into Cyrodiil). I like that the dungeons are also challenging. The game definitely harkens back to a day when MMOs didn't hold your hand. Still, it doesn't encourage grouping and playing together as seemlessly as other MMOs do, so people tend to run solo more. That's probably my biggest criticism with it.

Now, here's my character. Check out his helmet. Totes adorbs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20140510_140456.jpg
    Screenshot_20140510_140456.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 426
Back