What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

LCS 2014 Contract

ZOned Out

What is everyone's take on the new contract that bans 27 games and other thinks such as smoking from being show in LCS streams? I can understand them not wanting people playing dota but games like fat princess and hearthstone are really stupid. Can't link an article as I'm at work but just google it or look at reddits front page.

I'm going to admit I don't know a lot about esports. But I find it interesting Riot is comparing this to professional athletes and how they can't represent and promote other leagues while they're playing in a league like the MLB.

So does that mean Riot hires and pays these athletes? Are they on Riot's salary? I thought these guys make most of their money through sponsorships and donations.

Here's the link Zoned was talking about, by the way:

http://dd.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1s38ea/lcs_2014_contract_stipulates_players_cannot/

Yes, the players under this contract are compensated by Riot. However, the bulk of their revenue comes in from sources other than their official salary. Stream revenue being where they make most of their money. That being said, these rules probably wouldn't really hit their bottom line in any way. Still though, it's a bit heavy handed and the whole thing was enacted very clumsily.

The thing I find ludicrous is the lack of consistency in the games. There are games that made more logical sense for them to keep off that they didn't...

Back