What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Master attempt for LRSF?

Tryden

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to apologize for not hosting an RSF run last night. As Lanks knows I got called into work for 5 a.m. today, so I couldn't stay up late.

I know the night before we tried an MoRSF run but failed. It was mostly due to miscommunication: we didn't realize Epitaph had never run an RSF before. I think otherwise we would of been fine.

I'm making a stone brute to help with RSFs and ITFs, and Blue is moving hers over from Protector when it's available. Having said that, who would want to contribute to a Masters run and help get the badge? Also, I want to get our RSF and ITF teams running the SFs in about 40 minutes or so. You're all welcome to help with that as well (especially Elric and Great Hammer 
face_grin.gif
).

I'm always up for ITF's for RSF's. Just need to know when to be on for them. I'm trying to be on in the evenings at least these days. I don't mind leading speed runs for ITF. I've been on many a sub 1 hour run. 

Alright guys I'm going to have to be straight forward. We have a pretty shitty, inexperienced RSF group right now (not shitty players, just people who aren't accustomed to running it).

So we really need to work on it and work on our team cohesion before we attempt an MoRSF.

I think it's similar to farming, we aren't that good at a lot of things simply because most of us have one lvl 50 toon at the moment which was geared heavily toward base raiding. We don't have very many people in the SG with brutes, and only a few rads floating around. We've had very good RSF runs before, but we've had much better team composits for them. We, as a whole, just aren't well equipt for doing other things right now. 

If CoX survives the next month or two, I've heard doom saying in other corners before I13, then I'll probably pop up my CoX account to help out. Really waiting for RL stuff to settle down. Currently got my fingers crossed for a new job and if that fails we're gonna be out of luck for a while.

HI all,

I've been on more often now than before. I'm glad to be with you guys once again. I finally have two more toons up to 50, my Ice/Ice Dom and my Fort. I started work on my SS/SP brute as well. I'm down for RSFs and ITFs. Would love to run masters as well with you all. Just let me know what I need so I can contribute.

Dom XXX

Well, I'm down with what I got.  I have my Fort which is pretty much my main atm, my axe/wp brute (honestly he's been the toughest we've used so far) who only needs some tweaks to be a 'tank' (taunt) and I'm working on a /stone brute to be a real tank for the PVE material.

I agree though that we need more runs at the RSF to just gain more experience with it.  Also, in response to your post Imagikan, with the dual builds option those toons that are specifically built for PVP/raiding should maybe use the second build for making a solid PVE build with SFs in particular in mind.  Having the right tools can easily take alot of the extraneous challenges out of the way.

My Fort is pretty much specced atm to do anything.  It's a solid build I think that excels in pvp and pve situations.  My axe/wp, like I said only really needs taunt if he has buffs and heals.  I don't think I could hold AVs like Epi wound up doing (not without being an insp popper) with that toon so there's still some room for my on that brute to learn as well as getting the team dynamic experience for everyone.

Also my stone/stone is coming along.  I would lovve if someone could help get him into teams so I can jump him up aas fast as possible.  I think the build I have planned for him will be very resilient and will be a huge help for things like this.

Claymore Frost said:
I think it's similar to farming, we aren't that good at a lot of things simply because most of us have one lvl 50 toon at the moment which was geared heavily toward base raiding. We don't have very many people in the SG with brutes, and only a few rads floating around. We've had very good RSF runs before, but we've had much better team composits for them. We, as a whole, just aren't well equipt for doing other things right now. 

That's not necessarily our problem, because raid builds and farming TF builds aren't mutually exclusive. The problem is we have people inexperienced with running the RSF, which is much harder than regular SFs. I see people die needlessly because they get in too close to heroes, or forget what their role is.

The onyl component we're missing really is a stone brute. That and I guess we have too many forts, which aren't necessarily a good thing for RSFs. Their control doesn't do much against heroes and their DPS is fairly low. But even that wouldn't be a problem if we bring 4-5 Corrs along.

I think all we need is practice. Perfecting our technique is critical especially against the last eight bosses. I've done sub-hour runs with all-Vindictive members recently (one team with Jared on it had two forts), so it's possible.

That's what I mean, we are missing the small things like a brute to tank on a regular basis. And a kin as well like we talked about last night. We've got a lot of great stuff for it, but we are missing the key elements to be good at farming or RSF speed runs. We've got speed runs of ITFs down at least. But yeah, we really need to get things more orginized as a group when we run though. Taking an hour or more on the last mission is gonna get old quick.

Back