What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Starbound: Vindictive

apogeesound

So as some of you know, I'm getting a 12 slot (maybe more if needed) server for Starbound soon, now that the last ship/character wipe has occured.

I will be providing details to access the server as soon as I have them. In the mean time I had a few questions for those of you that wanted to join in on the fun.

1) They implemented difficulty levels this patch. What difficulty do you guys want to play on?
There's the normal "lose x% of pixels (money) on death. There's the "drop all items on corpse on death". And then there's "permadeath, start new character". I think those are all the modes, I'll have to check to be sure. I'm leaning heavily towards the "drop all items on corpse on death" but I want to hear what you casuals think :p

2) Mods, what mods do you guys want to see on the server. Here's a list:
http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/

Also, I'm seriously considering getting into modding the game myself, at least something simple like custom items, but perhaps more. If anybody wants to make a mod, let me know, maybe we can cooperate :D

Feel free to bring up any other concerns. Those are my only questions for now. I'll update this thread/post as I find things out

All the Starbound players are currently in the Casuals channel jizzing over the ship wipe, so I, a noob, shall answer.

I'll be picking up this game next week. The perma-death option sounds too scary for me. That's up Sigma's alley, but I like to hedge my bets. So corpse loot sounds good to me.

I have no input on mods, because I haven't been playing any Starbound yet. But I'm a purist. I like to enjoy the game the way the devs made it first before trying out mods

After last night I am a firm believer that we should play normal. While this doesn't seem to be a big penalty the later planets get hard pretty fast. I'm okay with hardcore but I'd much prefer normal. As for mods the one were you can change your ship and the one that you can melt weapons and other such things down into ingots are the ones that stick out to me.

ZOned Out said:
After last night I am a firm believer that we should play normal. While this doesn't seem to be a big penalty the later planets get hard pretty fast. I'm okay with hardcore but I'd much prefer normal. As for mods the one were you can change your ship and the one that you can melt weapons and other such things down into ingots are the ones that stick out to me.

at least for a bit, I'm going to keep the game vanilla. I need to do some research to see what happens to the server when it's updated but mods don't work
I don't want to have the game unplayable during those periods (or in the event that a mod no longer is supported)

as for difficulty, I found out it is tied to character
so I guess we'll let people choose their own difficulty

hardcore is fun :p
mounting rescue missions when you die is awesomely frustrating! :D

Meant to sticky this earlier. There you go. Also meant to thank you for paying for a Vindictive server. You are awesome Apog ^__^

Now get ready to mount many rescue missions to save me

Lord Tryden said:
Meant to sticky this earlier. There you go. Also meant to thank you for paying for a Vindictive server. You are awesome Apog ^__^

Now get ready to mount many rescue missions to save me

:]

don't worry, I've had lots of practice! (running self-rescue missions... which entails running naked from spawn back to where I died :D)

Back