What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

THROWBACK THURSDAY: Vindicators down!

Tryden

Administrator
Staff member
To celebrate Vindictive's storied past, I've decided to dig into our archives every Thursday and pull out news stories that chronicle Vindictive's many achievments. It will be part of something I call "Throwback Thursday." Now, you probably know Throwback Thursday as a popular pastime on the social medias, where camwhores dig back into their selfie folders and pull out old photos of them duckfacing with their parents when they were 15. This is kind of like that too.

Anyway, for the first Throwback Thursday (moar like #tbt, amirite?), we're going to travel back to August, 2006. That's when villain groups in City of Heroes were working on finishing brand new content called the Recluse Strike Force.

In this #tbt, our team of eight finally beat the Vindicators, one of the hardest boss fights in the RSF. It involved FIVE GOD DAMN HEROES. Of course, the photos are low rez and horrible to look at. This was 2006, people. I also had my graphics settings down.

Anyway, this RSF involved many people that are still part of VIndictive, including Dakieto, Ubber, Dominion X, ME and Ruthless Babe. I can't remember who else was there, but if you were part of this, let me know. (=

Now, without further ado, here's the post as it ran back in 2006.

• Vindicators down, one last mission to go!
    Added 8/20/2006 5:40 PM by Lord Tryden

Thanks to everyone who was part of the Recluse Strike Force tonight. We managed to take down the Vindicators (Swan, Luminary, Malaise, Mynx and Valkyrie) for the first time, as well as Ms. Liberty herself. Great job guys!

The team gets together Tuesday night to attempt the final mission. With any luck, we'll make this a Vindictive first!

Valkyrie Dead!

screenshot_2006-08-20-23-52-55_1.jpg

Fighting Miss Liberty:

screenshot_2006-08-21-00-20-56.jpg

Man those were the days where you had to have a stone brute. Eventually i ended up rolling a DB/Stone to run with Kid and them. I wish i still had pictures from our Base Raids.

LostElric said:
Man those were the days where you had to have a stone brute. Eventually i ended up rolling a DB/Stone to run with Kid and them. I wish i still had pictures from our Base Raids.

Kid was such a dick, I remember this one time he died, and he blamed me because i didn't have 3 slotted shields on my cold corrupter (implying anyone didn't just take them for the Luck of the Gambler 7.5% recharge), I believe his exact quote was "Oh no wonder I died i'm 2% under defense cap, You didn't slot your shields Lanks". I remember looking where his body was and it was in a group of longbow, the type that had that sonic shit that lowered defense and was autohit, errr.. liquefy i think the ability was called..

anyways, cool thread, i miss my stone brute, think the last time i used her was right before invention thing came out.

LostElric said:

I just got a hold of Jimmy tonight. Gave him his account info for the forums. He says he still has an SoE versus Vindictive raid video

I'll get him to post it or send it to me so we can relive the glory days :geek:

Coldchylde said:
Haha nice idea, Try. Brings back memories that's for sure. This was before IOs too huh.

Yep, no IO's. And I'm on SIXTH DEADLY's corruptor in that screenshot. :X

apogeesound said:
this guild had better be around in 7 years so I can be in one of these

You better believe it. Of course, by then we'll be playing a Matrix-style, alternate reality MMO and will laugh at our current clumsy interfaces "Mouse and keyboards? HOLOGRAPHIC LOL."

I SPY A DOMINION X

Which reminds me. I was going to tell you about a dream I had a month or two ago, Tryden, but I had planned on making an "Ivy's dream log" thread so I could add further weird-ass dreams. I got too lazy and forgot of course.

The details are fuzzy now because it's been so long but basically...

My memories of the dream with the story bouncing between a situation where I'm at some shitty house (which seemed to get bigger and bigger considering I went through a shit ton of rooms and there were a lot of random ass stoners lounging about) with me trying to look after someone's kid on my adventure involving some nasty bathroom mirror and a witch, and some other situation where I was on a quest in which I arrived in some tiny, dimly lit hotel room because I was searching the rooms for something (I think it was a journal or a pot or something) and this creepy ink-ninja old man who was originally disguised as a janitor attacked me. While fighting the ink-ninja-monster dude, some young guy with a katana who was staying there for a tournament came in and saved me. Apparently I was in his hotel room and the old man had been searching for whateverthefuck it was that I was looking for too. The younger guy proceeded to say something about me being stupid. This all blurs together somehow and I end up in a small shed near a trashy parking lot along the harbor of some bleak and crappy city ready to snipe a couple guys that I've subconsciously known to be my targets on part of my quest. The two guys were standing in the middle of the lot and I started to attack. Suddenly, some red and black figure runs in and kills them then runs off leaving me empty-handed and infuriated. I wanted to see who it was that had swooped in on the two guys so I looked closely above his head for his name (you can tell I play too many video games) and there I saw it.......Dominion X had stolen my kills.

Ivy- said:
I SPY A DOMINION X

Which reminds me. I was going to tell you about a dream I had a month or two ago, Tryden, but I had planned on making an "Ivy's dream log" thread so I could add further weird-ass dreams. I got too lazy and forgot of course.

The details are fuzzy now because it's been so long but basically...

My memories of the dream with the story bouncing between a situation where I'm at some shitty house (which seemed to get bigger and bigger considering I went through a shit ton of rooms and there were a lot of random ass stoners lounging about) with me trying to look after someone's kid on my adventure involving some nasty bathroom mirror and a witch, and some other situation where I was on a quest in which I arrived in some tiny, dimly lit hotel room because I was searching the rooms for something (I think it was a journal or a pot or something) and this creepy ink-ninja old man who was originally disguised as a janitor attacked me. While fighting the ink-ninja-monster dude, some young guy with a katana who was staying there for a tournament came in and saved me. Apparently I was in his hotel room and the old man had been searching for whateverthefuck it was that I was looking for too. The younger guy proceeded to say something about me being stupid. This all blurs together somehow and I end up in a small shed near a trashy parking lot along the harbor of some bleak and crappy city ready to snipe a couple guys that I've subconsciously known to be my targets on part of my quest. The two guys were standing in the middle of the lot and I started to attack. Suddenly, some red and black figure runs in and kills them then runs off leaving me empty-handed and infuriated. I wanted to see who it was that had swooped in on the two guys so I looked closely above his head for his name (you can tell I play too many video games) and there I saw it.......Dominion X had stolen my kills.

This is the 3rd best thing I've read today. Also, the Ivy Dream Log needs to happen. I will sticky it when it is created

Back