What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

A Call to War

<font size=2><p>She stood on the peak of a desolate mountain, all grey rock and chill wind. No signs of life were to be found, not a scrubby weed or scurrying rabbit, nor even birds or insects. She turned, surveying her surroundings. Nothing moved but the wind blowing in from off the sea. </p><p>"Sister."</p><p>She started at the sound, having thought to be alone here on this mountain. She turned to see one of the daughters of Khaine, a Witch Elf, clad in their traditional battle dress, bearing her ceremonial knives still dripping with the blood from the Cauldron of Battles.</p><p>"You whom I do not know, yet call me sister, tell me where this place is and how I came to be here." With her mind she reached out to the winds of magic, preparing to defend herself should it become necessary.</p><p>The Witch Elf smiled, and spoke. "The God of Murder calls, sister. His people gather for war upon our lesser kin and their allies, the feeble Empire and the foolish Dwarves. Malietha, Sorceress of Khaine, Scion of the House Lavode, you have been chosen to be amongst those who answers. You, and others whom you shall meet upon your path to glory, shall bring death to our enemies. Pave the road to Malekith's victory in Khaine's name with the bodies of the weak! Slay them till you grow sick, and still do not cease. Do this, and earn a place by Khaine's side, as have others before you. . . or fail, and share the fate of the Alliance."</p><p>The ageless Daughter of Khaine moved then with the lightning speed only the most devoted of her craft was capable, ramming her dripping blades into Malietha's chest with no warning.</p><p>She reacted immediately, carelessly gather her magic and slamming it into the witch elf, blasting the life from her. Her blood welled in her mouth, bitter and hot, and she knew she would not be answering the call of Khaine. Darkness clouded her vision, and as consciousness faded, she heard Him.</p><p>His voice, not meant to be heard by mortals, was the sound of a thousand thousand blades being sharpened and plunged into sacrifices, and the cries of countless victims screaming and whimpering their death rattles. It tore through her, splintering her sanity and soul, engraving his message indelibly upon her.
<font size=4>
"Go forth, daughter. Prove yourself with the deaths of those who bar your path to victory, be they mighty or weak. Crush them wherever they may be found. Destroy their spirit, bodies and minds. Do this, and perhaps you shall be truly favored by me."</font></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>She awoke instantly, sweating and trembling from the strength of the dream. Rising from her bed, she stood before her mirror, unsurprised at the blood staining her fair skin at breast and mouth. Inspecting closer, she found a newly healed scar just under her heart, covered by the clotted blood.</p><p>Summoning her waiting servants, she declared "Gather my belongings. On the morrow I ride to War!"</p>
</font>

Pretty cool story Mal. We gonna get the rest of it?
face_happy.gif

Thankee
face_grin.gif

Not sure as yet.&nbsp; I've had that written and on my 'puter for about three weeks now, just cut and pasted it here with a tad bit of editing.&nbsp; If the urge strikes me, I may put some random shorts in here, like the keep takes/defends we've done as a guild or something.

<font size=2><p>&nbsp;</p><p>She looked around at what remained of her warband. A mere ten of her original twentyfour man command remained. Skraga and herself were the only members of the group's initial Vindictive contingent to survive this far. </p><p>The rest, guildless, clannless, friendless, had gathered together under the Vindictive banner to deny the forces of Order as had so many others these long months ago. They were all Vindictive now, regardless of their origins.</p><p>Hollow eyed and worn from lack of sleep, supplies, and an endless two months of nonstop flight and combat, they yet stood proudly beneath the torn banner borne by Skraga. Their flight, however, was at an end. They were cornered at last, harried into unfamiliar country and trapped in a blind canyon by the representatives of the Elector Count of Reikland, the Bright Wizard High Magus, and the Lord Marshall of the Knights of the Blazing Sun as well as a full two hundred troops.</p><p>The wizard and the Lord Marshall rode to the halfway point between the two forces, accompanied by a standard bearer carrying a large white flag. She and Skraga rode to meet them, faces grim and shoulders set.</p><p>Stopping perhaps a dozen yards from the three men, she took stock of herself. Her appearance was regrettable. Hair dull and oily, nails dirty and ragged. Clothing torn and roughly stitched, stained with the blood and dirt of a dozen battles. She felt a dull, peasantish mockery of her former self. Pulling her lank hair back from her face, she met the representatives of Karl Franz with an unwavering glare.</p><p>The bright wizard smirked condescendingly. "Surrender yourselves and your. . .&nbsp; warband, such as it is, without further struggle, woman. Should you lay down arms here and now, I shall see to it that your deaths be relatively quick, if not painless."</p><p>Malietha's jaw clenched, and tears began to flow in a slow trickle down her cheeks.</p><p>The Lord Marshall, ever a gentleman, tried to comfort her. "There is no need to weep, Witch. You fought long and hard, accomplishing much with little. There is no disgrace in admitting that this is over. Being&nbsp;defeated by our forces was inevitable. The numerical difference in our forces was simply something you could not overcome."</p><p>She laughed then, her voice sharp and bright as shards of glass. "Over, you say? Defeated?" A tight, hard smile, more a snarl and baring of teeth than anything else, formed on her lips. "Think you these tears come from a sense of defeat? They are tears of joy, fool. We've quashed our souls running from you. The rage we have felt, the frustration, you cannot know it. The retreats, the defeats, all the while fighting every urge we had to destroy you on the spot. Yet for the sake of my lord Malekith and his master Khaine we perservered. Tired, hungry, harried to the ends of civilization so that finally we could have you here at our mercy, without intervention. Your deaths will be sweeter than any sensation we have ever known."</p><p>Frowning, the lord marshall looked to the wizard. "I believe the strain of command may have been too much for her. That, or perhaps a knock on the head during one of these past battles. We shou-"</p><p>He was cut off by the sound of Skraga smashing his huge choppa into his own breastplate and howling an enormous WAAAAAAAAUUGGHH that echoed throughout the canyon.</p><p>"He sounds your death knell, humans. Pray to your weakling gods for the salvation that shall never come."</p><p>The bright wizard began to chuckle at the pair, till he noticed the sudden tension of the Lord Marshall as he scanned the tops of the canyon walls. "What is it, Jarl?"</p><p>"We are surrounded, Rothen", muttered the knight as he turned to look&nbsp;to&nbsp;his rear.&nbsp;"And possibly outnumbered. Most assuredly trapped for the moment." He darted a venemous glance towards the sorceress. "Very good, witch. But you forget who you are dealing with. No common soldiers are we. Here with us are a full company of Knights of the Blazing Sun, and supporting them are handgunners from the Emperors Guard. You may have numbers, but we have skill, determination, and organization. You cannot prevail."</p><p>Malietha smiled, a true smile this time, ripe with joy. "I was just about to say the same thing, Lord Marshall. Skill. Determination. Organization. These are the things I and a mere twenty-three others were able to plague your county with. Here and now you face the full might of Vindictive, and with them, those who taught me those things."</p><p>She gestured towards the canyon entrance, where a new force stood in rigid battle formation. "There they stand, my lord. The&nbsp;Master of Vindictive, Tryden, the empty eyed zealot master. His doombringers: Uchoo the Greenskin Arrowmasta, Winterbourne the Siegelord, and Hue the Daemonmaster, the hollow souled champions of Destruction, and with them the warriors of Vindictive and the many others who flock to follow the powerful. You see, my lords, Khaine has called for a mighty sacrifice, and you two. . . you had the ill luck to appear in our auguries. These past months, all of it, for you. Your blood shall consecrate my altar, and let me assure you that your deaths be be neither quick, merciful, nor painless."</p><p>With that, Tryden spoke to his standardbearer, Renek the Claw, who sounded the Felhorne of Tch'ek'alan'ok, signalling the charge of Vindictive.&nbsp; They moved forward as one, under the covering magics of shaman, sorceress and magus.</p><p>Malietha and Skraga, ignoring the rest of the battle, charged the three men even though greatly outmatched. Skraga, wielding standard in one hand and choppa in the other, began smashing wildly at the knights, sending them reeling from the sudden assault. She, carelessly channeling the dark winds of magic that strained her worn body to its limits, dueled the wizard, biting out words of power that blistered and cracked her parched lips. The raw energies pouring through her tore muscle and cracked bone, but it was the only way she could hope to delay the wizard long enough for reinforcements to arrive.</p><p>Skraga, the marshall's dagger buried in his gut and his sword through his chest, continued to beat mercilessly upon him in true Orcish rage, heedless of his horrific wounds. The knight fell beneath his onslaught, stunned by a magnificent blow to his helmet. The greenskin beat his chest wildly, hollering "WAAAAAUUGH!!! I's da bestest!" before promptly falling over unconscious atop the knight.</p><p>Malietha, however, was having a bit more trouble. The wizard, while skilled and powerful enough to withstand her every attack, was unable to land a decent spell upon the frenzied sorceress. She leapt from her cold one, gesturing and shrieking her spells with wild abandon. The joy she felt at being unleashed upon her enemies at last shone from her eyes. Slamming power into power, she advanced to within a single step of the wizard, using not skill but raw magic and determination to deflect his attacks.</p><p>Absorbed with the threat of the sorceress in front of him, he never noticed a small greenskin shaman approach from the rear. Frooz cackled wildly, hopping up and down, and screamed for Mork and Gork to smash the humie. Huge glowing green fists made of Orcish Waaaaugh magic slammed into the wizard from above, stunning him.</p><p>His combat reflexes could not be faulted. He immediately scrambled to his feet, raising yet more shielding to guard from further magical attack. Seeing Malietha only as a woman, he did, unfortunately, neglect the physical threat she represented. Using the reflexes inherent in every Dark Elf, she unsheathed her dagger and resheathed it in his throat in a single fluid motion. His eyes wide, he began to choke on his own blood.</p><p>"Burn me now, wizard, as you have so many of my men in the past. No?&nbsp; Oh dont worry.&nbsp; The wound isn't fatal, only enough to keep you from speaking those crude spells of yours." Smiling, she reached out to the stunned wizard and slashed out his eyes with her jagged nails. "Khaine shall taste your blood tonight, human. Tonight, and every night for a week to come." Closing her eyes, she tilted her head back to enjoy the gurgling screams of the crippled human, and promptly fell, unable to stand any longer. Her last thought as exhaustion overcame her was that it was good to have companions in battle.</p></font>

thet was AWASOME.... i cant wait to hear another story about vindictive and their ongoing struggle with the forces of order
face_happy.gif

Wow, in the three years the character background forum's been up, I don't think anyone's incorporated the guild into their background. And this was GREAT. You write well and that was a fantastic read. More I say, more!

&nbsp;I have a few other ideas floating around, just gotta find some time to actually type them out.&nbsp; I must say, however, that these shorts will NOT, in any way, be in chronological order.&nbsp; Or even include things that are actually possible in the game world.&nbsp; So there.

<font size=2><p>This one is a bit earlier in Mal's career, so if you were hoping for something epic, gonna have to disappoint you&nbsp;&nbsp;
face_grin.gif

She rode around the hill slowly, seeking the source of the sounds of combat that had drawn her attention. Sidling through the trees, she came to their edge in time to see the beginning of the end to a skirmish between a band of greenskins and a patrol of dwarves.</p><p>A last flurry of blows ended with just over a dozen dwarves facing down the leader of the greenskins, a massive brute wielding two oversized axes</p><p>Bashing his axe into the side of his helmet repeatedly to clear his sight, the orc growled and spoke to the dwarves. "Oi, deres one o' me, and lots o' you's. Dat means nuttin, see, cuz I's gots da uppa hand. I's da biggest and da greenest o' dis lot, ya know, and dats wot matta's." Grinning, the orc let out a deafening Waaaaugghh and charged the dwarves. </p><p>The leader, an old whitehaired longbeard sergeant wielding a huge hammer, met his charge without flinching. The rest of his patrol found themselves rooted in place, unable to move from the spot. A harse rime of frost covered their legs, freezing them from mid-chest down.</p><p>
Finishing her spell, Malietha strode from the trees to within a dozen paces of the patrol. Smiling cruelly, she began a second incatation. With the last syllable of the spell on her lips, she gestured with her staff, and a large gateway opened beneath dwarven feet. As the dwarves began to scream in unholy agony, Malietha laughed out loud. </p><p>"It's actually quite a simple spell, you see, the Pit of Shades. It opens a portal to . . . well, no one actually knows where. But through exacting experimentation, we have determined that whatever is on the other side is utterly inimical to all life. Brief exposure can be healed, over time. Anything longer than, oh, say, thirty seconds is generally fatal." The last of the dwarves fell as she finished her little speech.

"A pity. I had planned on describing what the energies of the Pit actually did to them."</p><p>Turning back to the sergeant and the orc Nob, she found them both somehow unarmed, grappling on the ground. The huge orc was slamming his thick skull into the helmeted head of the dwarf, slowly warping it out of shape. As the dwarf lost consciousness from the repeated blows, the orc stood, reclaiming his giant axes. Lopping off the head of the dwarf, he laughed. "Oi, oi, stunty beards dis color impresses da boyz." Sighting the sorceress, he cocked his head to the side, puzzled, seeing her amidst the dead dwarves.</p><p>"Oi, you, runt! Is you a pointy-ear shaman? Cuz you's kinda runty, even fer a pointy ear, and you's gots no armor. Dem stunties is tough. Runt like you's couldnt a done fer 'em udderwise."</p><p>She smiled, sensing an opportunity. "Yes, I am. And I killed more than you did. Since I can kill more than you, that means you should follow me. I could use someone like you in my duties."</p><p>The greenskin threw his head back and laughed loudly, pounding his axes together in glee. "Now Dats funny! Skraga 'Eadstompa dont follow nobody, see? I's bigga, I's greena, and I's gots de choppas. You's just a sneaky, runty git wit a stick. Orcs follow da strongest! Runts like you follows me, ya hear? You do wot I --- gurrk" </p><p>The rest of his statement was choked off by her magics, shadows become tangible and sentient, wrapping themselves around his neck and face, smothering him. Without hesitating, he immediately threw one of his axes towards where she had been standing.</p><p>Not expecting the instant retaliation from the brute, she was slow to dodge, and the axe caught her in the leg, though not with the edge. The impact was enough to deaden all feeling in the limb and slow her down signicantly, however. Limping back, she prepared more spells as the other faded. </p><p>Shaking his head as the last of the shadows dissipated, Skraga picked up the longbeard's hammer and advanced on Malietha, rage plain on his face. "You'da been betta off not doin dat, runt. Cuz now I's gonna bash yer head in, an' I aint gonna stop til you's dead, ya hear?"</p><p>She sneered at the crude warrior, and spoke another spell, blasting him with chill magics designed to freeze a person from the inside out, killing them almost instantly. The spell hit, but did not kill the brute, and only slowed him down.</p><p>Belatedly, she remembered what her teachers had told her about orcs and magic. They had an annoying tendency to simply ignore spells, having them bounce off or be absorbed by the power of what they called 'The Waaugh'. Cursing, she continued to fall back, buying time. Using the same spell she had used on the dwarves, she bound him in place, intending to use the Pit of Shades on him as well. Halfway through her incantation, she felt the root spell break. Skraga rushed forward, intent on burying his choppa in her skull.</p><p>Standing her ground, she focused her energies on the weapons held in the greenskin's hands, weakening their structure from within&nbsp;using entropic magics. The axe and hammer both shattered in his hands, leaving him staring in confusion at the ground where the shards had fallen. "Ey, dat aint fair! Dat wuz&nbsp;my favorite choppa, you dirty git!</p><p>She smiled a bit, but even unarmed, he was more than strong enough to easily beat her to death if she wasnt careful. Drawing further on the dark winds of magic, she launched bolts of chill fire at him, one after the other. Many found their mark on him, but not all. Some faded as they approached him, others simply seemed not affect him at all.</p><p>Skraga never stopped moving forward, ignoring the pain of the bolts hitting him. He knew all he had to do was lay hands on her and then he could twist her head off, or bash her to death.</p><p>He had taken everything she had been able to cast, and was still standing. Surely his barbarian gods loved him, she thought. But while Khaine didnt love her, he still expected her to be victorious in His name, and be victorious she would. Rallying herself, she did the last thing Skraga expected. </p><p>She reached out and grabbed him. </p><p>As he pulled back to strike, she opened herself fully to the dark winds. Unstructured power rampaged through her, burning and tearing. She survived only because her body, accustomed to containing the raw power of magic before forming and releasing it in a normal fashion, had a gradually built a resistance. </p><p>Skraga, unmagicked, lacked this immunity. The backlash flowed through him, power slashing through nerves, seeking release that he was unable to provide. He fell in agony, incapable of forcing&nbsp;his muscles to respond. </p><p>In the minutes that it took the magic to dissipate, she leaned on her staff, watching the orc twitch and groan. When it became apparent he was going to survive, she kneeled on his chest, grabbed his huge tusks, and shook him awake.</p><p>Opening his eyes, he looked up at the pointy-ear shaman who&nbsp;had begun&nbsp;slapping him. "Oi, stop dat," he said. "My 'ead 'urts."</p><p>She smirked, then told him, "Listen up, brute. I'm not big or green. But as you can see, I beat you.&nbsp; I'm stronger,&nbsp;smarter, meaner and sneakier than you, and I have magic. If you go on by yourself, you'll be killed in some pointless little fight like this. Follow me, however, and I'll guarantee you all the stunty and human killing you can stand. Since I'm smart, we'll always win. My intelligence, your strength. What say you?"</p><p>Skraga growled, thinking that something, somewhere, had somehow gone terribly wrong. "Yous cheated, didntcha? Well, I's an orc wot can admit 'e was beaten, even if I's cheated outta da win. But someday, we's gonna 'ave anudda go at it, ya see? Cuz orcs never lose. We die, so's it don't count or we run, so we can come back, an' dat dont count neither, or we win, and dats what counts. So I's gonna follow ya fer now, runt, but yous betta watch yer back."</p><p>Smiling tiredly as she limped back to her mount, she had the distinct feeling this 'choppa Nob' was going be rather useful. When she returned to Skraga, still lying back recovering, he began to laugh. </p><p>"What's so funny?" she asked.</p><p>"Dat fing you's ridin' is bigga 'n' greena dan you is."</p><p>Sighing, she hoped he would prove to useful enough to make up for his appearance and humor.
</p><p>

And i know, no one in the guild other than skraga was in this one.&nbsp; Dont worry, i'll include others again soon.&nbsp; this was just a background bit, since me and skraga joined at the same time and we're real life buddies.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

PS-&nbsp; I'd win in real life too, and for the exact same reasons.&nbsp; he's bigger and stronger, i'm smarter and meaner >:p&nbsp; bitches.&nbsp;</p></font>

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The tent in which they sat wailed in despair, the wind pushing through the faces of the dwarves skinned to produce it.&nbsp; Some horrific magic kept them just alive enough to suffer, the wind giving voice to their terror and pain.&nbsp; The maps they studied lay upon a table formed of human bone, somehow&nbsp; still slick with blood.&nbsp; Malietha, fastidious as always, sat as far from the table as she could and still be able to properly see the maps, unwilling to get blood on her robes without the satisfaction of having spilled it herself.
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Tryden the Zealot, Master of Vindictive, pointed a skeletal finger toward the icon representing the keep at Avelorn. She struggled to hear his voice, faint and coarse when not invoking his powers during battle.&nbsp; "There is a supply train.&nbsp; It bears, amongst other unimportant things, an object of power.&nbsp; It is currently bound in a leaden chest, sealed with mighty magicks.&nbsp; It is the Felhorne of Tch'ek'alan'ok.&nbsp; I would have this for Vindictive.&nbsp; My other warlords are currently . . .&nbsp; occupied.&nbsp; You will take a small contingent of our people and claim the Felhorne for us.&nbsp; You will do this or you will die trying.&nbsp; Return to me without it and the consequences will be . . .&nbsp; dire, to say the least."
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;She looked at him, sneering.&nbsp; "This Felhorne is yours.&nbsp; I will return within the fortnight."&nbsp; She rose, taking the map with her as she strode out to gather her host.&nbsp; She rousted Skraga from his squigfight and ordered him to round up forty fighters and inform them to ready themselves for a week of hard riding into enemy territory.&nbsp; She went to gather the other spellcasters they would require herself, knowing they would ignore the greenskins on principle. &nbsp;

&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Her Witch Elf scouts had found the perfect place to ambush the supply train with scant time to spare.&nbsp; The train was due within the hour.&nbsp; She gathered her warriors and split them into two groups.&nbsp; The majority were greenskins.&nbsp; The minions of Chaos and the other Dark Elves deployed into a small copse of trees opposite from the hill where she had the orcs and goblins gather.
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;She gathered the goblin shamans to her, and spoke the chief shaman, Frooz.&nbsp; "Frooz, I need you to cast an illusion upon yourself and all the other greenskins to disguise your presence."
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;The tiny goblin cocked his head to the side and stared confusedly at Malietha for a moment.&nbsp; "You wants us to do wot?"
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Sighing impatiently, she tried explaining once more.&nbsp;&nbsp; "I want you to use your magics to keep the Elves coming down the road from seeing you.&nbsp; This way, you can catch them by surprise.&nbsp; Can you do that?"
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;"I s'pose so, boss.&nbsp; We ain't never figgered to do dat before, you's pretty sneaky, ain't ya?"&nbsp; Frooz gathered the other shamans into a small circle, each nibbling on their mushrooms of choice to help focus their powers.&nbsp; Malietha smiled as she listened to Frooz explain to the others what they were going to do.&nbsp; "Oi, lissen up, you lot!&nbsp; Pointy ears over dere wants us ta make it like we ain't here so de pointy ears cain't see us.&nbsp; We gots use da power of da WAAAAAAUGH to hides us all, so's da big ones can jump out and crump 'em good when dey ride by."&nbsp; The goblins nodded enthusiastically and began chanting and gobbling mushrooms even faster.
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;"Skraga!&nbsp; Gather your boyz right here.&nbsp; The goblins are going to make you invisible.&nbsp; When the magic goes up, I need you all to be quiet and still until the elves are right below you.&nbsp; When they are, charge out and make even more noise than you normally would.&nbsp; Understood?"
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Skraga nodded his great tusked head, saying "Oi gots it.&nbsp; We stays put till dey shows up and bash 'em as loud 'n' ard as we can."&nbsp; He drew his choppa and turned, laying into the other greenskin warriors, herding them into a wedge in front of the shaman circle, facing down to the road the convoy would use.
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;As she strode away, she felt a shift in the air, the curious heat the Waaaaugh magic seemed to always produce washing over her, leaving a sensation not unlike sunburn.&nbsp; Turning to look at the hidden force, she nearly burst into hysterical laughter.&nbsp; Frooz and the other shamans had done what she had asked of them.&nbsp; No trace of the greenskins remained.&nbsp; Unfortunately, rather than simply hiding the greenskins themselves, they had cast an illusion over the entire hill, using the images they knew best . . .&nbsp;&nbsp; namely the dusty, rocky defiles of the Badlands.&nbsp; It was nearly flawless in it's execution.&nbsp; Had this not been the cool green countryside of Avelorn it would have been perfect.
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Frooz scampered out of the illusion, baring his snaggletoothed grin proudly.&nbsp; " 'Ow ya likes it, boss?&nbsp; We did good, dint we?&nbsp; Ain't no pointy ears gonna know we's stuck in there cuz you's cain't see us.&nbsp; Looks just like 'ome, it does."
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;She smiled, clapping the shaman on the shoulder.&nbsp; "You and your companions did wonderfully, Frooz.&nbsp; Tonight, after the victory you shall all receive an extra barrel of fungus beer for your efforts.&nbsp; So, how long can you hold the spell?"
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Grinning widely, Frooz said, "We ain't gots to.&nbsp; Me and da boyz loiked yer idea so much we's decided we'd wanna do it again, and why have to make da magic over and over?&nbsp; So we made it so's it won't ever go away.&nbsp; We'll be able to hide 'ere any time we wants."
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;"Good thinking, green one.&nbsp;&nbsp; Now, back into cover with you, our quarry should be here soon."&nbsp; Smothering her laughter, Malietha made her way back to the copse where waited the rest of her forces.

&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;The caravan came into sight slowly.&nbsp; The outriders had immediately sighted the illusion cast by the goblins, and the guards had shifted accordingly.&nbsp; The bulk of the escort rode to that side, hand on their weapons but steadfastly not looking at the hill.&nbsp; The officer in charge clearly wanted the greenskins to believe they would have the element of surprise.&nbsp; As they neared the ambush site she raised her hand.&nbsp; Swords were drawn, halberds and lances readied, awaiting the command to charge.&nbsp; When the loud WAAAAAAAAUGH shouted by the greenskins signaled their charge she held.&nbsp; The fight was not going well for her forces, but that was to be expected.&nbsp;&nbsp; She waited till the officer in charge decided that the orcs were the only threat in the area and commited his reserves to the fray before dropping her arm and spurring her cold one into battle, her host following in her wake.

&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;She strode into the tent once more, the guards falling back a step at her gaze, refusing to bar her path as they should.&nbsp; Tryden rose at the intrusion, some arcane ritual interrupted.&nbsp; He towered over her, fairly crackling with daemonic energies, but she met his empty gaze with an arrogant sneer and an air of utter confidence.&nbsp; His ghostly voice, ripe with expectation, forced itself out.&nbsp; "You have it then?"
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;"Of course.&nbsp; A scion of the House of Lavode never fails.&nbsp;&nbsp; There were losses amongst our force, but nothing unacceptable."&nbsp; She withdrew the Felhorne from it's pouch and placed it on the table, hiding the pain it caused her.&nbsp; The horn had killed the first sorceress who attempted to handle it, its energies eating her alive from the inside out.&nbsp; Malietha had found a way to counter it, using the dark winds of magic to create a shield that nullified the worst of the effects.
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; Tryden picked up the Felhorne, which sounded a clarion note of insane triumph.&nbsp; His mouth opened in a smile of rotten fangs that never reached his eyes.&nbsp; "I have another task for you, witch.&nbsp; Cast your augurs.&nbsp; We have a ritual that requires a mighty sacrifice to complete.&nbsp; Find our victims, that we may claim them."

o_O&nbsp; Found a story I had meant to post like . . .&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; however the fuck long ago it was when we were still playing WAR.&nbsp;

So, enjoy yourself, Frooz.&nbsp; You were a big player in this one
face_grin.gif
&nbsp;&nbsp; Yay.

Good addition, but I think I'm not alone in wanting to see a Frooz-Jinbig romance in the next installment.

&nbsp;. . .&nbsp; I can do it, but if I'm gonna dirty myself writing about that fucking douchebag, you're paying me sir.&nbsp; I'll write it when your money order clears.&nbsp;&nbsp; Honest Injun.

DEAL. But it has to have a filthy sex scene. Spare us no details. In case you forgot, Jinbig was a squig herder

I'm putting a stop to this right now. No Frooz/Jin slash fiction of any kind, if you value your lives.

Malietha Lavode said:
Frooz, you used to be my biggest fan, did you even read the story?&nbsp; Wtf, no comment on that?&nbsp; You make me sad.

Oh I read it, and enjoyed it very much. However, mention of the unmentionable and my vehement disapproval of it took precedence.

You write in an entertaining fashion.
face_happy.gif
Me gusta.

Thank you, my ego has been satisfied
face_mischief.gif
&nbsp; When I found that story, i found some of my old scribbles with half thought-out ideas for other shorts.&nbsp; If I find myself bored one of these days I may get around to finishing up a few.&nbsp; I also need to read up on the star wars story so I have something to start from when the old republic comes out.

All I have to say is: don't let Frooz stifle your creative energies, Mal. I predict a Frooz-Jinbig romantic spin-off series would do very well.

It could be called...

A Booty Call to War

Back