What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Age of Conan - Vindictive forum up

Tryden

Administrator
Staff member
<font size="2">Well it's a mere three weeks now, so I felt it's time we created a sub-section of the forums devoted specifically to Age of Conan. In this thread I'm going to list some basic info about the game, and how we're going to expand into it (now Vindictive invades Conan, tomorrow, it will be New York, London and Paris! We stop at nothing!). Power lust aside, I want to make this clear. OUR MAIN GAMES WILL REMAIN COH AND COV. Same thing that happened with the WoW expansion should happen here. Minus me getting banned. Hopefully.

For those members who are interested, but don't know too much about the game, I'll try to answer what I can in a few snippets below. If you have any other questions post in this thread. This forum section will function like any other on the site. Use it for questions about the game, build help, posting videos and making suggestions about our guild in Age of Conan.

For more info, check our Age of Conan thread, where videos, screenshots and details of the game are posted.

So without further adieu, here is my list of FAQs about Age of Conan. I'll be adding to it as the release date of the game approaches, and we know more about it. Check this list regularly if you have questions that can't be answered at this time

</font><font color="#ff0000" size="2">What is Age of Conan?

</font><font size="2"> It's an MMO much like City of Heroes/Villains. The game follows a fantasy setting much like Everquest or World of Warcraft, and is the first mainstream MMO to be targetted to an adult audience. Official website is: http://www.ageofconan.com/

</font><font color="#ff0000" size="2">When is the release date?

</font><font size="2">Tuesday, May 20, 2008.

</font><font color="#ff0000" size="2">What are the requirements to play it?

</font><font size="2"><span>Minimum configuration:
</span><span>(1024x768, detail reduced)</span></font>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>OS: </span><span>Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista</span></font></div>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>Processor:</span><span> Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz or equivalent</span></font></div>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>RAM:</span><span>&nbsp; 1GB</span></font></div>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>Video card:</span><span> NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better</span></font></div>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>Video memory:</span><span> 128MB</span></font></div>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2">DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive</font></div>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>HARD DRIVE SPACE:</span><span> 30GB</span></font></div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>Recommended configuration:
</span><span>(Up to 1280X960, most features on)</span></font></p>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>OS: </span><span>Windows XP SP 2 or&nbsp; Windows Vista</span></font></div>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>Processor:</span><span> Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or equivalent</span></font></div>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>RAM:</span><span> 2048MB Dual Channel DDR2</span></font></div>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>Video card:</span><span> NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or equivalent</span></font></div>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>Video memory:</span><span> 512MB</span></font></div>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2">DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive</font></div>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>HARD DRIVE SPACE:</span><span> 30GB</span></font></div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>Online Gaming</span></font></p>
  • <div class="MsoNormal"><font size="2"><span>Broadband connection required.</span></font></div>
<font color="#ff0000" size="2">What server will we be on?

</font><font size="2"><span>PRIMARY: Set (PvE)
ALTERNATE: Deathwhisper (PvP)

<font color="#ff0000">What will our guild be called in Age of Conan?

</font></span><span>Vindictive.

<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Where can I find a list of classes in the game?

Here.

Is Tryden or any of the leaders of Vindictive and Benediction leaving then?

</span></span></span><span>No. Think of this as an offshoot of the current Vindictive. It's fun to play one MMO, but after a while things start to get stale. Hopefully this keeps things fresh, and with the added benefit of bringing some new players over to Vindictive and Benediction in CoH.

</span><span><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Can I try the game first before I buy it?

</span></span></span><span>Details haven't been released about a free trial yet. However, those of us who are buying the game and playing it will make our Friend Keys available to members. All you have to do is e-mail me, and I'll give you mine, or contact someone else playing who has one available and can give it to you.</span></font><font color="#ff0000">
</font>

So what classes will you chose? =O!

Btw, it's pretty nice that we're moving as a whole to another MMORPG to try it out.&nbsp; Usually it sucks to try out a new MMORPG cause you're all alone and don't know what the hell you're doing except for grinding.

Do they have base raids in AoC?!
face_shock.gif

<p class="MsoNormal">
So what classes will you chose? =O!
</p>I was gonna go with Bear Shaman, but I might chose one of the melee classes now because I hear they're more fun

<p class="MsoNormal">
I just want the rhino mount thingy :3 <span style="">&nbsp;</span>
</p>You need a pre-order for an epic mount. But isn't the epic mount for North American release the War Mammoth? I think Europeans get the Rhino

<p class="MsoNormal">
Do they have base raids in AoC?!
face_shock.gif
</p>Yep. The most powerful guilds in the game can construct keeps and fortresses, and these can be raided by other guilds. Vindictive will have a fortress of unimaginable grandeur!

Lord Tryden said:
<p class="MsoNormal">
I just want the rhino mount thingy :3 <span style="">&nbsp;</span>
</p>You need a pre-order for an epic mount. But isn't the epic mount for North American release the War Mammoth? I think Europeans get the Rhino

Ivy is displeased.

All you jerks playing AoC, what's it like? Screens? Impressions? Server list?

I'm on server openbeta02, name is Sera

No real server names yet. I can't play it with pretty graphics, i only have Nvidia 7600 GTX video card so I have to run everything on lowest. The game play is fun tho, weee! Definitely going to buy a better video card for it and maybe Vista for dx10 on release.

Got upto lv 8 in server 03 before i dced it was certainly pushing my laptop to the max could barely sustain 5 FPS at low setting lag everywhere (in other hand people had no problems running it at low with integrated graphic card and there are those who couldn't even get it to run with twin 512 MB cards). So i believe the issue could be the debugger that is perhaps causing problems in some machines anyway.

&nbsp;Pros
Character creation is nice.
Npc dialog.
Chat, stats and everything is already up and working.
The quests are far better than Wow's go kill some boars etc
Inspite of my lag and low fps the game feels and plays like oblivion in other words gives it very realistic feeling

Cons
Somethings do not make sense like instanced Single player quests in night mode.
Lots of load screens.
Pretty much button smashing.
Few bugs here and there like animations that needs to ironed out.

Back