What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Anyone going to play Battlefield 4?

Zephonim

So I do have a love for online shooters, even if I am not that great at them. I love the battlefield series and I have been waiting for this shit for a long time. Anyone else planning to play? Anyone even interested?

If so, there is a open beta starting today and lasting until the 15th I believe.

Anyone know how to add a video to this site yet?

I actually have never played a Battlefield game. Was tempted to buy BF3, but never got around to it

As for videos: still trying to figure that out :3

On day, when i have money, the answer is yes. I love the battelfield games, i too am not that great. I'll be checking out the beta on Friday though, LostElric on Origin.

LostElric said:
On day, when i have money, the answer is yes. I love the battelfield games, i too am not that great. I'll be checking out the beta on Friday though, LostElric on Origin.

Invite sent Elric.

So far it looks as if The Siege of Shanghai is the only map available.

Since we can't post videos yet, check out these on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3W4...outube.com/watch?v=Q3W4FbsAqIY&has_verified=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjSy...outube.com/watch?v=ZjSykcTGrNc&has_verified=1

mauser and I have it preordered, we haven't gotten around to downloading the beta yet

I'm also saving disposable income to upgrade both of our rigs...
the last time I upgraded was for BF3 >.< lol

Bumping this thread. I'll be picking up this game over the weekend. Teach me how to be a l33t FPS player guys ):

sGpYdTA.jpg

Wow, what made you decide to do that?

I have been diggin it, but I still run into a lot of servers with a lot of lag.

Campaign I thought was not that great... but who plays battlefield for the campaign?

Anyway, add me on Origin: xXZephonimXx

P.S. watch for snipers... they are everywhere.

I've now completed 5 out of the 7 campaign missions. Genma has been playing a lot too. We're almost ready for multiplayer

Add me to your friend's lists on Origin. My name is LordTryden ^__^

Nice, make sure you finish all three endings(it is not difficult, you have three choices at the very end). You do unlock some decent weapons, specifically the M249 LMG for the support class, it honestly did make a difference for me.

When you play multiplayer do you plan on playing hardcore(i.e. friendly fire is on) or normal?

I always played regular but I decided to try Hardcore in BF4 and I am loving it.

Z

ugh, black friday/cyber monday need to come faster so I can finish my and my brother's new rigs. I want to play with y'all :D

Zephonim said:
Nice, make sure you finish all three endings(it is not difficult, you have three choices at the very end). You do unlock some decent weapons, specifically the M249 LMG for the support class, it honestly did make a difference for me.

When you play multiplayer do you plan on playing hardcore(i.e. friendly fire is on) or normal?

I always played regular but I decided to try Hardcore in BF4 and I am loving it.

Z

Didn't even know there was a normal versus hardcore option. I'm leaning toward hardcore, though. I like friendly fire on ^__^

Sidenote: I didn't really pay attention to dog tags and discovering weapons. Should I go back and get all the tags in the missions I already did?

Unless you like the way a dog tag looks, then go back for them, otherwise they are not really worth it imo.

As for the weapons you find in the campaign, those are only for the campaign. It is the campaign assignments that reward you with weapons for multiplayer, I would get all of those just so you have something better than standard equipment. Again, I really found the M249 to be invaluable for multiplayer.

There are some pretty unique advantages and disadvantages to hardcore. You only start out with about 60 health instead of 100 which means fewer shots(pretty much 1 shot anywhere from a sniper) to kill you, the enemy or a team mate. No cross hairs, meaning you have to aim. No spotting and cute little triangles above the enemy's head from across the map(though you can still spot and get the spot bonus), team mates are still marked with blue but not always, unless you have them in your sights(I try to identify by uniform, still have a few friendly fire accidents). Usually more tactics and sticking with your squad in hardcore. Like I said, I have been diggin it though, adds another bit of challenge.

When does everyone usually play? Would love to jump on and get some squad time in.

Z

That sounds really nerve-wracking. No crosshairs? Fuck, I'm going to spray everyone with friendly fire ):

I haven't had the time to game much in the past two weeks, honestly. Probably won't have much time till this weekend if you want to set something up then.

Also, Genma told me last night he finished the campaign. So I know he's TOTALLY READY for multiplayer. RIGHT, GENMA? :twisted:

Bump

I believe Sigma and Elric are getting the game this weekend. Maybe it's a good time for Genma and I to leave the shelter of campaign mode and embarrass ourselves in multiplayer

Back