What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

City of Heroes is going down

Coldchylde

<span style="background-color: #000000; color: #ffffff;"><span style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;">Straight from the main page of COH site.

This morning we announced that Paragon Studios will be taking to the skies of City of Heroes for the last time.</span><br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <span style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;">In a realignment of company focus and publishing support, NCsoft has made the decision to close Paragon Studios. Effective immediately, all development on City of Heroes will cease and we will begin preparations to sunset the world&rsquo;s first, and best, Super Hero MMORPG before the end of the year. As part of this, all recurring subscription billing and Paragon Market purchasing will be discontinued effective immediately. We will have more information regarding a detailed timeline for the cessation of services and what you can expect in game in the coming weeks.&nbsp;</span><br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <span style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;">The team here at Paragon deserves special praise for all that we have accomplished over the last 5+ years. These developers are some of the most creative and talented people in the gaming industry. By now, we&rsquo;ve all been given this news internally, but to anyone who may be reading this message after the fact; know that your hard work and dedication has not gone unappreciated or unnoticed. To any potential studios looking to grow your team; hire these people. You won&rsquo;t regret it.&nbsp;</span><br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <span style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;">To our Community,&nbsp;</span><br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <span style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;">Thank you. Thank you for your years of support. You&rsquo;ve been with us every step of the way, sharing in our challenges, encouraging us to make City of Heroes better, more than everyone else thought it could be. We couldn&rsquo;t have come this far without you. I implore you all, focus on the good things of CoH and Paragon Studios. Don&rsquo;t dwell on the &ldquo;how&rdquo; or the &ldquo;why&rdquo;, but rather join us in celebrating the legacy of an amazing partnership between the players and the development team.&nbsp;</span><br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <span style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;">Thank you, and I&rsquo;ll see you in the skies, one last time.&nbsp;</span><br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <span style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;">Andy Belford</span><br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <span style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;">Community Manager</span><br style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;" /> <span style="font-family: arial, 'lucida console', 'sans- serif'; font-size: 13px;">Paragon Studios.</span></span>

Awwe it's Ozmosis, my other guild leader <3

PS: LET'S HAVE A PVP NIGHT BEFORE IT GOES DOWN!?

That's actually kind of sad. I remember my CoH days when I was a wee little Asian child ;_;

Oh, and I guess those CoV days with you people.

Ivy- said:
That's actually kind of sad. I remember my CoH days when I was a wee little Asian child ;_;

I remember my days in CoH luring wee little Asian children

/nostalgia

Coldchylde said:
Lol no. But it is partially due to Aion. All my NCsoft shit got screwed up when my account was stolen.

Oh yeah. Well that sucks.

Maybe we should make a post on the Protector forums letting old Vindictive/Benediction peeps know we're still here and they can come post here

Trust me, for certain people who still play on a regular basis....this sucks more than big, hairy donkey balls.....I'm not sure where I'm going next....I've got some people trying to talk me into DCO, not sure though.......

BBlue said:
Trust me, for certain people who still play on a regular basis....this sucks more than big, hairy donkey balls.....I'm not sure where I'm going next....I've got some people trying to talk me into DCO, not sure though.......

DCUO is honestly pretty good but it's kind of small scale compared to most MMOs these days. You should give it a try since it's at least free to play now
face_happy.gif

Edit: It's technically free to play but you have VERY limited access. A lot of the new stuff they come out with are DLC packs and little additions to those DLC packs which you would have to pay for (or sub and you get all the DLC packs automatically).

No. You were suppose to come to villain side. We had a hella good SG. Multiple raids daily. It was just lacking an Asian chick and a troll (insert Spine) to round it out.

Coldchylde said:
No. You were suppose to come to villain side. We had a hella good SG. Multiple raids daily. It was just lacking an Asian chick and a troll (insert Spine) to round it out.

Lol, I don't troll, silly...

Back