What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Farming and Trading Efficiency!

Cyendia

So I found these guides from Oran'Thul, they collected a ton of information about grow/harvest times, labor points, cost, etc. I'm a spreadsheet nerd, so I'm working on some adaptations that will help find the most efficient types of things to grow so I'll be posting them here as I finish them.

Since there are lots of people logging at the moment, here's the top trees with the logs/hour that you get from them.

OT claims that their data is from the RU beta, so I'm not promising anything on the correctness of it. If you're harvesting things and getting a much different yield, let me know so I can try to keep it as accurate as possible!

Here's the link to the original ones from OT: http://www.oranthul.com/guides/m/22223434/album/189019

Attachments

• trees.PNG
    trees.PNG
    31.2 KB · Views: 174
Re: Farming and Efficiency!

Processed Materials

Processed Mats Spreadsheet - Shows the number of a processed mat (Chopped Produce, Ground Grains, etc) that you can get per hour, per cost and per labor. Highlights are as follows:

Note: For the purposes of this post and the spreadsheet, 1 harvest is equal to 5 plants. Since all plants produce 2-4 of an item, this guarantees 10 plants in a harvest and is the minimum you can gain.

Assuming you harvest and replant when your plants are finished, faster growing plants will always net you more processed mats per harvest. Generally, these same plants will net you more processed mats per cost and labor as well.

AFK Time
If you want to maximize the amount of material you get while AFK, a general rule is to only plant a longer growing plant if you will not be back online to plant 2 harvests of the plant that takes less time to grow. That probably doesn't make sense, here's an example (it assumes ideal climate because the numbers are easier to work with, it's all relative though):

Yams net 17 Chopped Produce in 3 Hours
Garlic net 14 Chopped Produce in 1 Hour

If you're going to be AFK for 3 hours, it is more efficient to plant 1 harvest of yam for 17 Chopped Produce.
If you're going to be AFK for 2 hours, you can plant a 2nd harvest of Garlic and net 28 Chopped Produce in your 3 hours.

Chopped Produce
  • Potatoes are the most efficient, even in the wrong climate. The down side to potatoes is that they grow in 10 minutes and are rather obnoxious to harvest. Tomato and Garlic are your best bets for efficiency without going crazy.
  • Chili Peppers are good overnight plants.

Dried Flowers
  • Azalea is the most efficient, even in the wrong climate. They have a short growth timer, so you may want to opt for Clover (grows in 1h in any climate) or Narcissus and Rose (1h 25m).

Ground Grains
  • Barley is the most efficient, even in the wrong climate. They have a short growth timer, so you may want to opt for Corn and Rice (2h 25m).
  • Peanuts and Rye are good overnight plants (12h).

Ground Spices
  • Lavender and Iris are the most efficient (1h 25m).

Medicinal Powder
  • Mushrooms are the most efficient (2h).
  • Aloe is a good overnight plant (11h 25m).
  • Fruiting trees that produce medicinal powder materials (Bay and Ginkgo) are NOT efficient at all.

Orchard Puree
  • Avocado Trees are by far the most efficient, even in the wrong climate.
  • Because of the growth time for trees, there is no point in overnight crops for puree. You are better off sticking to Avocado trees and harvesting when you are able.

Trimmed Meat
Assumes you are butchering directly after growth and not collecting other materials from the animals
  • Chickens and Ducks are the most efficient for Meat (2h 52m).
  • Lambs are the best overnight (14h 18m).
  • Fruiting trees that produce medicinal powder materials (Bay and Ginkgo) are NOT efficient at all.

Farming Organization and Public Farming

Player Owned Farms

Farming Plot Patterns - Make the most efficient use out of your small or large scarecrow farm!

Options for F2P Players

Public Farms
Public Farms in Solzreed, Gwenoid and Lilyut will let you raise up to 10 Potato, Cucumber, Carrot, Onion, Barley, Rice, or Chicks.
Public Ranches in Dewstone and Cinderstone will let you raise up to 5 Duck, Goose, Turkey, Hen, Rice, or Barley.
Public Nursery in White Arden, up to 5 Grapevine, Fig Tree, Apple Tree, Lemon Tree, Hornbeam Tree, or Avocado Tree.

You can also make use of the guild farms or the area around the guild house in Sanddeep!

Trading

Gold Traders
Archeage Trade Run Profits Spreadsheet - This spreadsheet is editable so you can enter in the current percentage to see what your profit will be, calculations always include the 5% interest. Bolded profits are ones that we have confirmed, this is my spreadsheet so if you see any discrepancies in prices, let me know!

Resource Traders
You can trade your packs in to resource traders for stabilizers. Resource Traders will only accept packs from the other continent and each trader only trades in one stabilizers. Stabilizers are used to craft pigments, oils and polishes for crafted armor sets.

• Charcoal Stabilizer (Rank 1, 30 and 34 Armor Sets) - Two Crowns / Solis Headlands
  • Rock Salt Stabilizer (Rank 2, 40 and Illustrious Armor Sets) - Solzreed Peninsula / Vilanelle
  • Crystal Stabilizer (Rank 3, Magnificent and Epherium Sets) - Cinderstone Moor / Ynystere
  • Dragon Essence Stabilizer (Rank 4, Delphinad Sets) - Freedich Island

Back