What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

In preparation for Aion and CO

Tryden

Administrator
Staff member
Expect me to map out the move to Aion and Champions Online in the coming days. Waiting for Futureshop's bitchass to get my laptop back to me.

Here are some facts:

--We are setting up two guilds, one in Aion, one in Champions.
--As of now I am confirming I'm chosing Aion as my full-time game.
--We'll be working to get people free trials and friend keys ASAP as soon as I work out who has which game.
--I will be buying both games and playing both.
--I may not lead the guilds - if I know I can't play as much as is required of a leader, then leadership will go to an active, loyal member of Vindictive. This community deserves an ACTIVE leader.
--This is going to be awesome.

I'm at work now so bear with me. Two new forums and the details of each game, server, release date, playtimes, etc. will go up soon.

Also please email me if you're interested in helping get each guild off the ground (i.e. helping with recruiting, posting on Aion and Champions Online forums to help get new members, setting the guilds up).

Love,

Tryden

A leader for each game is a good idea, but we should still only have one main leader overall that should have the final say (for Vent, Forums, and etc...)<div>
</div><div>As much as it pains me to say, I still think you should stay as Vindictive's main leader to carry out executive decisions more readily (either that or let your son take over leadership).  We should let whoever the second-in-command person is to lead CO and have you lead Aion...or third-in-command etc...</div><div>
</div>

Thanks Spine, I appreciate the vote of confidence. I'm not seeding all of Vindictive to someone else. Just making the leaders of those particular games in charge of the guilds there.

I feel if I had passed on leadership in Warhammer earlier to a single person, then the rift and infighting that happened would of been solved quicker. A guild needs someone to call the shots on a day-to-day basis. We were fine when I was in game and leading, but as soon as I left things fell apart. Not because I'm some sort of outstanding leader. But because when a leader isn't there, people rush to fill the void, decisions conflict, and then tensions erupt. A game needs an active leader to filter decision-making and then make a final, unified call.

If I'm not leading Aion, then I'll still be helping to run things, just with someone who's more active making the decisions in THAT game for THAT branch of Vindictive.

Also, a group meeting happening over two or three days (so that multiple people can attend) will be called soon. And I've disbanded any officer structure for now. We're making decisions around here as a collective, and will worry about all that bullshit later on.
face_plain.gif

I myself am most likely going to be playing both CO and Aion but probably mush more focused on CO (probably 80%+).  I am open to help with the CO guild as much as I can and even the Aion guild as/when I can.

Yea, leaders for individual games would be a good idea, and I also agree that it would've saved us over on WAR...or at least prolong the inevitable.<div>
</div><div>I'm playing CO for sure.  I'm 100% sure I wont be playing Aion just because I got my Templar to 34 during beta and well...yea I'm not going to spoil any surprises here.</div><div>
</div><div>Oh, and I'll definitely be recruiting people over on CO to help us grow.  It's probably most beneficial to recruit right after the release of a game, since it'll guarantee members' "activeness" for at least a month LOLZ.</div>

I appreciate all your offers of help. Will keep trying to get in touch with people who want to help set up the groups. Send me your emails!
face_grin.gif

i am not really sure which game i will be playing since i have tryed neither in beta or anything. my current predicament is that i have been bored with mmo's lately but i think it is mostly due to the fact that i'm a social butterfly and when i'm not interacting with the guild members i just kinda give up. i am looking forward to all of us playing together again tho.

Well I wont be playing Champions Online, but if someone releases a character builder i'd probably do up a couple for anyone interested.

As for Aion I'll be following my usual gaming schedule, 9-5 mon-friday, at least until November, then it will vary alot.

I still haven't got around to pre-ordering Aion, but will probably sort that out this week or next week.

Quick System Flash, keep in mind that If you had problems in Warhammer you might have to upgrade your PC.

<span style="color: #ffc000;"><span style="font-size: 16px;">Aion:
</span>
</span><div id="system_requirements_pc"><h3><span style="color: #ffc000;"><span style="font-size: 16px;">PC System Requirements</span></span></h3><span style="color: #ffc000;"><span style="font-size: 16px;"><span><h4>Minimum PC Requirements</h4>
  • Microsoft Windows® XP SP2
  • 2.8GHz CPU or equivalent
  • 1GB RAM
  • NVIDIA® 5900 Ultra with 128MB RAM / ATI® Radeon® x700 with 128MB RAM or higher
  • 15GB hard disk space
  • DVD-ROM drive
  • DirectX® 9.0c (6/2008 update)
  • Sound device
  • Broadband Internet connection
</span><span><h4>Recommended PC Requirements</h4>
  • Microsoft Windows® XP SP2/ Vista
  • Dual Core CPU 2.0GHz or equivalent
  • 2GB RAM
  • NVIDIA® 6800 with 256MB RAM / ATI® Radeon® x800 with 256MB or higher
  • 15GB hard disk space
  • DVD-ROM drive
  • DirectX® 9.0c (6/2008 update)
  • Sound device
  • Broadband Internet connection
<span style="color: #92d050;">Champions Online:

<p>Minimum System Requirements</p>
  • CPU:2.5GHz Single Core or 1.8GHz Dual Core
  • Memory:1GB RAM
  • Video:NVIDIA GeForce 7600 / ATI Radeon X700 or HD / Intel GMA 4
  • Sound:DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
  • DirectX:Version 9.0c or Higher
  • HDD:5GB Free Disk Space
  • Network:Broadband Required
  • Disc:6X DVD-ROM
<p>Recommended System Configuration</p>
  • OS:Windows XP SP2/ Windows Vista/Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
  • CPU:Intel E8400 Core2Duo or Better
  • Memory:2GB RAM or Better
  • Video:NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or Better / ATI Radeon HD 3850 or Better
  • Sound:DirectX Compatible Soundcard
  • DirectX:Version 9.0c or Higher
  • HDD:5GB Free Disk Space
  • Network:Broadband Required
  • Disc:6X DVD-ROM or Better
</span></span></span>
</span></div><span style="color: #92d050;">
</span>

I'll be playing Aion and happy to help where I can.  I've always been interested in helping, but my schedule is usually sporadic and I generally tend to fall behind other folks in play time and leveling.  I've mentioned it hear and there, but I'm back in school for graduate work now after I got laid off in June.  My schedule will change each semester or so.  So just leaving it out there that I may not be dependable to be concistantly able to help, but I usually like getting team stuff together when I am around and no one else will 
face_grin.gif

Just to point out the obvious...Vindictive members who joined us when we were over at WAR, will have a much higher chance of going Aion over CO...just because WAR is more like Aion than CO.<div>
</div><div>That being said, only those who came from CoH would even give CO a thought at all...and so far it's only a handful since the rest:</div><div>1.  Burnt out on super-hero genre MMO's</div><div>2.  Afraid of Cryptic screwing shit up again</div><div>3.  Believes that CO will be an almost exact clone of CoH</div><div>
</div><div>TL;DR:  Most of Vindictive will be playing Aion if they have to chose from a short list of Aion or CO.  There's no need for polls or threads asking who will play what.  It's already obvious that many of us wont play CO :[</div><div>
</div><div>I'm playing CO
face_shock.gif
</div>

Actually there's a pretty good amount of people going to Champions thus far Spine. Some of them aren't that vocal on the forums. But you'll see a lot of former CoH faces joining you there on the side of Vindictive
face_happy.gif

Also Champions comes out Sept. 1, while Aion drops Sept. 22. So hopefully we can get people friend keys (anyone know if Cryptic is doing that right off the bat?) to keep people occupied with CO before Aion comes out.

I'm going to announce the leader for CO who's going to spearhead Vindictive there soon, and once I do, we'll pick a server and map out the events for week 1 starting from launch day. IT"S GOING TO BE THUPER.

Forums going up later this week for each game.

Minor suggestion, perhaps a scrub through of sticky threads in the various forum sections might be in order.  I know I haven't actually looked at many, perhaps it would be prudent to take a glance at what might still be relevant or currently useful when prospectively new members start looking at the forums.  Obviously, since I haven't actually looked at many besides the subject line, my suggestion may not actually be valid and I may just be a lamer for being lazy.
face_wink.gif

I'm really not sure what game I'm gonna play. Champions looks cool and I really liked COX for a long time, in spite off all it's issues, but I just don't care to go to another craptacularly programmed game, and puts lots of time and money into it. As for Aion, I'm not that into fantasy games... :p So yeah...

Actually, champions doesnt have servers, it is kinda like Guild Wars where it has different shards, and you can switch if one gets too populated etc.

Here is what i gathered from all the posts.

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" width="256" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 192pt;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" /> <col width="64" span="3" style="width: 48pt;" /> <tbody> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt; width: 48pt;">
</td> <td align="center" style="width: 48pt;" class="xl63">Aion</td> <td align="center" style="width: 48pt;" class="xl63">CO</td> <td align="center" style="width: 48pt;" class="xl63">unknown</td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Tryden</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"><span style="color: #ff0000;">x</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #00b0f0;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #fac08f;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Spine</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #00b0f0;"><span style="color: #ff0000;">x</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #fac08f;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Jared</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #00b0f0;"><span style="color: #ff0000;">x</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #fac08f;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Taichi</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #00b0f0;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #fac08f;"><span style="color: #ff0000;">x</span></td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Ashelia</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"><span style="color: #ff0000;">x</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #00b0f0;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #fac08f;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Lanks</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"><span style="color: #ff0000;">x</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #00b0f0;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Hanna</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">x
</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #00b0f0;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #fac08f;"><span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Malietha</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"><span style="color: #ff0000;">x</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #00b0f0;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Claymore</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #fac08f;"><span style="color: #ff0000;">x</span></td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Aemon</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Frooz</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"><span style="color: #ff0000;">x</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #00b0f0;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Stomp</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #fac08f;"><span style="color: #ff0000;">x</span></td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Marius</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span></td> </tr> <tr height="20" style="height: 15pt;"> <td align="center" style="height: 15pt;">Renek</td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #92d050;"> <span style="color: #ff0000;">x
</span></td> <td align="center" class="xl63" style="background-color: #fac08f;"><span style="color: #ff0000;">
</span> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Unknown people are posts that were not 100000000000% clear. Also this is based off the main game of choice. All mistakes that are included are all spines fault.
face_mischief.gif

Back