What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Introduction thread for new ESO players

Tryden

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone,

As always, whenever we launch into a new MMO, our community expands with more friends. This thread is a chance for those friends to introduce themselves. Current members, as always, are also welcome to post in this thread so the freshman will know who you are. (=

I'll get us started. My real life name is John and I'm the founder and one of the co-leaders of Vindictive. In my spare time I like to be passive aggressive and come up with paranoid power plays against my enemies. (Just kidding!) I'm a reporter in real life and I like winter sports. I like winter in general.

Here's a photo of my dog, who is a cranky bitch.

1170719_10100535101111601_1663196185_n.jpg

#lol

photo.JPG

Yo,

I'm Elric i probably won't be playing ESO for..awhile. I've been with Vindictive for awhile but have never posted in an intro thread.

My real name is Nick, I've been in college way longer then i planned to be getting a business management degree and an international business minor at UCF. Ummm i enjoy playing other games that are non-mmo's like Left 4 Dead and Titanfall (not only FPSs though). I'm a big music fan lately been listening to a lot of EDM but i enjoy almost all genres. I think that's about it, i hate having my picture taken so this is what you get.
ESwpQyY.jpg

I'm Andy, I'm the British guy,

I won't be playing ESO as it is pay-to-play, as I'm a student, meaning I can't afford such luxuries. I'm studying Computer Science at university.

I also play vidya gaimz.

P.S

sorry no pic

Howdy,

Name is Chris. I work full-time in retail so my playing time will vary. I am also going to be going through the process of moving from STL to Henderson/Las Vegas NV area soon so if anybody knows any good low key places for me to establish myself as a regular, please let me know. I enjoy playing RPGs, and MMO's. I also have picked up a new hobby and that is Smoking(food, not weed/cigs.) and darts. I do like to drink when I play MMO's, but i try not to get to intoxicated during dungeons and etc... I hate pictures so I will not be posting one anytime soon.

Hey new ESO peeps!
You're probably not gonna see me much on the game[cuz ESO is for casuals like Sigma! lol jkjk love ya Sigma <3], but will most likely see me on teamspeak so I'll drop an introduction. I go by Xai, real name is....well....you may learn that in time :p About me? Well guild wise I'm one of the coleaders in the GW2 guild [along with Ghost, Olcan, and of course Tryden]. In real life I live the not so impressive life of a poor college student going through a Major change, hopefully in game engine creating or perhaps in game modeling.

Here's me being a champion

Attachments

• sumo-champion-asash_684552c.jpg
    sumo-champion-asash_684552c.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 687
Xairyen said:
Hey new ESO peeps!
You're probably not gonna see me much on the game[cuz ESO is for casuals like Sigma! lol jkjk love ya Sigma <3], but will most likely see me on teamspeak so I'll drop an introduction. I go by Xai, real name is....well....you may learn that in time :p About me? Well guild wise I'm one of the coleaders in the GW2 guild [along with Ghost, Olcan, and of course Tryden]. In real life I live the not so impressive life of a poor college student going through a Major change, hopefully in game engine creating or perhaps in game modeling.

Here's me being a champion

Cute little hair bun thing

Hi! To all the new members reading this, welcome to the guild and I'm excited to share my ESO experience with you! I'm Avis! YAY! The end.

OK OK, here's an old pic of my family when we were in Seattle, back in 2012. I'm the brown Asian lady (filipino!) That pale guy next to me is my husband, Sigma. He's nothing special, i.e. Puerto Rican. Haha, j/k. Those little ones are, of course, our kids, but that's an old pic because we recently have had one more baby! She's two months now. SO, three kids.

I'm a stay-at-home-mom, while Sigma is in the Army as 11b (infantry). We're pretty ordinary compared to all the other people in this guild...(the rest of them are all CRAZY, just saying) however Sigma and I happen to be very patient people. Feel free to ask us for help in game, we're usually both on TeamSpeak, chatting and doing our thing in ESO.

<3

Attachments

• seattle3.jpg
    seattle3.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 587
I'm Mal. I hate almost everyone. If you have to wonder whether or not I hate you, the answer is absolutely. If we haven't officially met, I hate you. If we have met, then I definitely hate you.

I like long walks in the moonlight while I carry your struggling form to the industrial chipper/shredder and intricate, spirited discourse regarding why your particular life should be spared when none of the other hookers have been.

I will talk about your mom in unflattering, hurtful, disparaging ways.

Apart from that, I'm fairly cuddly and lovable, see you in game!

--Mal

Okay, so I actually added photos of myself. BUT THERE'S A CATCH. They're all #selfies

Also, stop being so handsome Sigma and Avis. IT SICKENS ME

@Tryden: Sigma and I are going to start a 'Vindictive's Most Beautiful People' thread, and it's just going to be us posting selfies. HA!

Hater.gif

Hey guys, I don't think I posted on the GW2 intro thread so I'll post here. My real name is Jesse and I'm effectively a single dad going to school finishing up my degree in accounting (I know I'm such an adrenaline junky!). I play guitar and like to write/record my own songs. Other than that, I'm a pretty boring individual lol.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    694.1 KB · Views: 337
Hey guys and gals. Ok I signed up and even bought the Templar version. I'll be casual at first, still have semester classes until May 5, but then I'll be in game a lot.

That is the plan...here is the problem lol. I keep getting Error 301 trying to log in. I had the same damn problem when I tried to get in during the beta. So what's the deal with this? Is anyone else having this problem? What can I do about it? All the site says is that there are high volume of log in attempts and to try again in ten minutes. I've been trying off and on all day >.< I'd hate to think I just wasted my money on a game I can't log in to play. I wrote support but that's apparently backlogged too and they said they'll get back to me within a day lol. Better than nothing I suppose.

I can still log in to other games like Guild Wars 2 fine.

That sucks. :/ Did you reinstall the game after beta or just patched it? I would try reinstalling if you patched. Make sure all the files are erased and try again.

Not sure when you tried logging in today, but the megaserver was down for a bit.

I guess my other suggestion would be to try at a really off time (like in the morning) to see if it's actually a population issue or something else. I doubt it's actually because too many people are on, though.

I'll also ask for you in guild chat to see if anyone else has it.

welp, bought the game, I'm in the gladiatorial pool now.

I like cooking, artsy shit, and foul language. And drinking.

I dislike the neighbor dogs, UPS guys that don't ring the bell, and being overly warm. And pictures of myself.

Fun fact: I recently discovered super heroes. Fuck Stan Lee for making the Wolverine discover jesus. Biggest pile of bullshit I've ever seen in my life, regardless of your personal beliefs. Dat Rogue ass doh.

Lord Tryden said:
That sucks. :/ Did you reinstall the game after beta or just patched it? I would try reinstalling if you patched. Make sure all the files are erased and try again.

Not sure when you tried logging in today, but the megaserver was down for a bit.

I guess my other suggestion would be to try at a really off time (like in the morning) to see if it's actually a population issue or something else. I doubt it's actually because too many people are on, though.

I'll also ask for you in guild chat to see if anyone else has it.

I'm re-downloading the client now. I uninstalled everything, ran a C Cleaner just in case the registry was keeping the old file strings, physically went into my drive and deleted the entire Zenimax folder after those two above. So it should be a clean install. I'm at 20%, so it will take all night probably. I work tonight anyway so I'll leave it downloading and hopefully it will be done. the only support email I've gotten so far was either a copy/paste response or automated (which clearly states on their support page they don't do lol...a "REAL" person will respond) I responded back anyway just to keep the report open and just maybe some "REAL" person will respond.

Actually, I'm thinking now that I have the same problem I did with GW2 before I port forwarded. Sounds just like my problem...you'd think the ESO support would maybe think to mention this but apparently not, they are sticking with "it's traffic" theory.

If anyone has this problem, error 301, try this :

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/di ... -to-log-in

I have to work tonight but I'm going to do it tomorrow ;)

Hi all, I just joined up. Character name is Zathrus, Argonian Templar. I'm playing around with all of the crafting lines but I did take some healing skills as to not be totally worthless. Anyway, thanks for the invite.

:(

doesn't look like ESO is going to happen for me. I tried everything. I used port forwarding to open the ports...even checked them and they are all open for ESO. I redownloaded the client and reinstalled. I was even using the nifty ip reset trick I learned from some IT geek online somewhere lol

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

None of my cool ideas have worked and I still have the cursed 301 error trying to log in. I will be calling support and trying to get back my $80 I paid for the game. Considering I haven't been able to even log in once, they should refund it. Sorry guys, I tried my best :/ I just don't know what the problem is.

Hey guys I'm Thomas. In game as @samoht9 current Toon is Miu Asan. Just joined up tonight and have already had more fun with this guild than the rest of the week playing.

About me. I work in IT, mainly building automation and fighting fires. I just had a new baby (our second) so you may here some crying over TS (95% of the time it's not me). Other than games I love to read, mainly fantasy atm.

You can also find me on

Steam: samoht9
PSN: ninewhereman

Look forward to playing with all of you.

45272_10201002679614891_1714966803_n.jpg

Back