What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

The HueHue of (Pirate) Life

Cyendia

For those with questions about piracy and what it entails, here is a good link to the pros and cons of piracy, from Outcry: http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/commen ... te/cl8hshu

And here is a link to the Ollo Pirate Code as per Outcry: http://www.outcrygaming.com/archeage/code.html

Some highlights:

Nuia and Haranya are NOT safe for pirates, we are KoS to all guards and automatically go to jail for 40 minutes if we die to PvP on either continent. Auroria and the open seas are safe.

Rather than spend our time focusing on trade runs (since we can't very well make packs if we're KoS and locke dup for 40 minutes), we will be spending time stealing trade packs from other players. Which means that we will be spending more time in PvP than PvE. We'll probably also be doing some fishing.

You CAN keep your land. It will be difficult to access on your main, but you can farm it on an alt or during peace times. You can also sell your land on the continents and move to Auroria, most likely for a profit.

Being a pirate IS reversible, but it will take time. You need 3,000 infamy to go pirate and that has to be reduced to 0 in order to go green, there is a daily quest on Growlgate island that gives you -100 infamy, so you will need max 30 days as you can supplement it with Draughts of Forgiveness.

You probably don't want to be a pirate before 50, you won't have access to quests and the grind will be REAL.

We can't kill other pirates, including green guilds like TT6 that are allied with the pirate faction.

On Serpentis:

I did some research on this today. In order to enter Serpentis you need an Inactive Serpentis Cube, you have to complete a quest that is only available while we are green. Go to Cinderstone and get "The Path to Exeloch" from the Abyssal Disciple. You will need 1 Eternal Winter Chill, 1 Anya Ingot, and one Blue Salt Hammer to build a Distorted Portalstone to finish the quest. This will give you 3 inactive cubes. The cubes are consumable and I don't think we can get the quest for more once we go pirate, but you can by them for 5 loyalty. Unfortunately they're BoP so only P2P players will be able to get them.

What this means for us:

We will be forming a second guild, <Benediction>, for green alts and players that are not yet 50. I will be playing my alts as safe zone farmers/traders when we aren't pirating. We will move all of the green characters to <Benediction> and then disband <Vindictive>. Once we have gone pirate, we will reform <Vindictive> on that side so we can keep the name for our main force of players.

We will be selling the guild house that is currently located on the Sanddeep Island (thanks Necro!) and purchasing a new guild house in Calmlands. If you are looking for new land, Calmlands is the area currently being run by the pirate nation (via TT6, since pirates can not claim castles).

Whoa, rekindling the Benediction name. Someone did their Vindictive history research :3

A few additional things for everyone to think about doing BEFORE they go pirate.

If you haven't yet, finish the quest for your 16x16 farm. Unless you buy the 16x16 land with the farm on it from another player, this is the only way to get your large farm. This can NOT be done as pirates. Here's the guide: http://archeagefurniture.com/large-scar ... ough-west/

You will want to have a portal to the guild house in the Calmlands BEFORE you go red. The portal locations on Auroria are guarded by Neutral Guards that will KoS pirates. You'll still end up in the Calmlands Nui, butttt you probably don't want to pay the repair. If you don't get a port before I go red, I can set the guild house to public long enough for you to get the location saved.

Back