What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Back to WoW...kinda

So i have been downloading and patching WoW the past few days. i am gonna try to find a Private server to play on that i like, and was just wondering if anyone would be interested to join me if i do happen .?

just to kinda play it on the side for now i think.

I'd be game to give it a try.  Lemme know what I'd have to do
face_grin.gif

Private server, like you get to set the parameters for it?  like 500% xp per normal kill?  If yes, let me know.  ill go in there.  there are lotsa AT's i want to try in the mid range lvls

well the servers i'll be looking for will be like :

1. Start at max level
2. 300% gold drop
3. essentially you can buy the gear to start with raid mobs

there are servers where it's 300% exp per kill/quests and stuffs like thats. i've played on a server described above and it was a great way for me to experience a lot of the classes at max lvl that i wanted to before i actually quit WoW all together.

http://www.mutinywow.com/       this is one of the servers i had chosen to play on b4 and they had pretty active admins that did a good bit of events. they have a download button near the top of the page so just click it, on the right side panel there is a 'connection guide' just follow that simple guide.

PS.  once you make an account download their 'launcher' it will save time if you don't wanna go thru the hassle of following the connection guide

PPS. if this server doesn't work out then we can try another. i think i see that they got rid of their Blizzlike server(start at lvl 1) which i think would be the best for us all to do together.

I downloaded the the launcher and run it my avg says it is a back door trojan. I dont think that is normal.  any place else to get that????

Zaz

Ok, i got the private server to work.  But now i cant get the regular servers to work.  I require help at this point.....if i lost my 80's ill be pissed....

X_Stomp_X said:
Ok, i got the private server to work.  But now i cant get the regular servers to work.  I require help at this point.....if i lost my 80's ill be pissed....

Hai stomp, vent please

X_Stomp_X said:

So to get on the private server you have to

1. Navigate to your WoW base directory.
  2. Enter your \Data\ directory.
  3. Enteryour launguage directory. For english, American installations, it isenUS. It follows the pattern of launguageLocation. English Europeaninstallations is enGB.
  4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in Notepad or a simmilar editor (Wordpad?).
  5. Replace the contents of that file with "set realmlist logon.soulbound-wow.com" (no quotes) and save it.
Therefore, to get back to the live servers. undo the changes.
(My unedited realmlist.wtf file contains the following)

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

(So i guess copy that and save it, and you should be able to log in to the live servers instead of the private server)

LanksCOH said:
X_Stomp_X said:

So to get on the private server you have to

1. Navigate to your WoW base directory.
  2. Enter your \Data\ directory.
  3. Enteryour launguage directory. For english, American installations, it isenUS. It follows the pattern of launguageLocation. English Europeaninstallations is enGB.
  4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in Notepad or a simmilar editor (Wordpad?).
  5. Replace the contents of that file with "set realmlist logon.soulbound-wow.com" (no quotes) and save it.
Therefore, to get back to the live servers. undo the changes.
(My unedited realmlist.wtf file contains the following)

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

(So i guess copy that and save it, and you should be able to log in to the live servers instead of the private server)

Hai sexy

For those who actually play WoW on the main servers if you download this private servers luancher you can switch back and forth with a click of a button on the luancher.

care to let me know what this magical button is?&nbsp; id like to play with ya some time but not if its going to mess up my regular account.&nbsp; I had to go all over the place to make my regular wow work this morning.&nbsp; <3 Lanks

Stomp the best way for you to do it would be to
1. make a shortcut to your desktop of you /data/enUS/reamlist.wtf file
2. whenever you want to play on regular server paste "set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com"
3. for private servers paste "set realmlist logon.soulbound-wow.com" or whatever the realmlist is that we chose in the end.

i am looking for a server where we can all start at level 1 together but level at 300% exp

ok i got the launcher working and when i goto use the soulbound server it tells me i have invaild version of the game.&nbsp; it has a link to blizzard site and it says something about burning sea??? &nbsp; any ideas?

zaz

why would you be pissed, they are useless anyways
face_mischief.gif

but for reals, if there are are legitimate free WoW servers i will give em a shot. there are free Ultima Online servers, and if anyone is willing to give them a shot, having a group really helps with that game.

Ok, the install from the site isn't working for me either so I downloaded the first torrent I could find that looked legit:<div><span>http://www.mininova.org/tor/217139</span>
</div><div>
</div><div>I think this is just the main game though.  Anyone know off-hand where I'd find the installs for Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King?</div>

Back