What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Issue 13 goes live tomorrow! (Tuesday)

Tryden

Administrator
Staff member
That's right. There will be server downtime in the morning, and then it goes live.

So I know I've been absent the last two weeks - some drama happened and I ran away because I'm a little bitch. But I'll be back tomorrow. And with the player influx, we can finally start raiding after we test out the new PvP ruleset.

Also, don't forget - I'm running a Pain Domination Superteam. Any primaries, Mastermind or Corruptor, as long as they're Pain Doms. Other ATs are welcome too though, so if you want to make a Shield Brute or something, feel free.

I don't know what the atmosphere right now is in terms of VG actvity, but I think we have to start sending global tells to people who have wandered off to start playing on Freedom in Vindictive again.

Also, if Hami raids pick up because of merits, I'm going to be doing a fuck ton of them.

Finally, I'll be running nightly RSFs and ITFs again starting later this week. Depends on when I get to see the merit system and whether it's still worth it.

Anyway, that's about it. Hope you'll all be back with Issue 13.

Your El Capitano,

Tryden

I've missed my El Capitano
face_sad.gif

Lord Tryden said:
So I know I've been absent the last two weeks - some drama happened and I ran away because <font color=#ff0000>I'm a little bitch</font>.

QFT!

Anyhow, I&nbsp;see you took a little break at the same time I did too (playing Left 4 Dead!!!!!!!!!!)!!!!!!!!&nbsp; I was thinking of coming back but wasn't sure if mi capitano was still active <3

Everyone should pray tonight that things go smoother than i12 going live did... Or many many belligerent posts about the devs and this game may be coming! >.>

Our activity has been down a bit recently when I've been on, but then again I haven't been super active recently myself... We do need to get some stuff going on try and get people playing again and such. I did manage to talk Brigg into putting his lone villain into our VG, and I'm still working on getting Midnight Moonz to join us too. I'm sure Aemon could give her a little nudge to bring her in too, if she stays around. I'm pretty excited about this group going forward though, I hope the game gives us reason to stay here and continue to play. We really have a lot of additional great people in the SG now, and it's really fun playing with them all. If PVP is still any fun, we should have a pretty killer crew for it.

Lord Tryden said:
That's right. There will be server downtime in the morning, and then it goes live.

So I know I've been absent the last two weeks - some drama happened and I ran
Tryden

wait you were absent hummm i didnt notice.

Woot!&nbsp; First one it looks to be playing i13 atm.&nbsp; I woke up early to get a looksy (expecting a comment from Frost, lol) and I've already been crashed outta the client twice while just standing about, woot!

Here's hoping its something with my machine and not a perpetuating bug of suck.

I will not be on tonight. I've crashed 3 times now while being in game for maybe 3.5 hours total. I'm not doing this shit again. I'll wait and get on in the evening tomorrow. Last total I got from Jared was 5 crashes for him today. You guys have a nice evening verifying files more than playing....&nbsp;

Well, since instanced maps are the only thing bugged, I guess this forces players to go try that new PVP!

Though, if the actual content of i13 didn't drive folks away then this fiasco might very well do it.&nbsp; Launch day of a major patch (with many QoL and PVE improvements) and no one can play a mission to completion.&nbsp; Good show, Posi.&nbsp; Good show.

In brighter news, I logged back in at 8:30ish (est) and there was almost immediately a giant red Admin message saying that the servers were going down for critical emergency maintenance.&nbsp; Hopefully, by 9 or 9:30ish the patch will finally be playable.

Also, got to try Siren's a bit on my Fortunata.&nbsp; Here's the lowdown.&nbsp; Alot of folks were in there (Siren's Call)&nbsp;liking it.&nbsp; More than are normally in there at ALL.&nbsp; I was quite shocked.&nbsp; Yes, things have changed.&nbsp; PvP is almost a new game in certain regards.&nbsp; But, I think to show one's true mettle would be to learn these rules and show those noobs the very meaning of obliteration in true Vindictive fashion.&nbsp; It looks like Posi got his "renewed interest in PvP."&nbsp; It looks to be a fun endeavor in my oppinion.

There is NO BASE RAIDING available at this time. They are redoing it, hopefully meaning we get to be PVE uber instead of PVP gimp...

As for the new changes for zone PVP, yes, it's a very very different ball game. We have a lot to learn on how to work the new system. Anyone making corrs, please, please seriously consider sonic blast. Same for defenders and blaters. -res is now at a primium with the global res BS. I'm rolling a sonic/pain corr myself. And shield brutes, if you want to team with us, better be taking grant cover! lol ;-) For those who don't know, it does grant the caster a big def debuff resistance, and some slow resistance.

Seriously, did any of these guys actaully graduate with a degree in Comp-Sci, Game Creation, 3d Modeling, or anything even remotely related to making a video game? I'll go as far as to count a degree in Fashion for the costume creator guy...

Ah, right right.&nbsp; Raiding is temporarily turned off.&nbsp; Some buggery about how the fluffbunnies want to stack shit and how the system for stacking now breaks raid pathing.

Woot for Posi!

:/

..... Fuck BAB's.... He's trying to blame players now for the fact that no one can get back into the game, and telling them that they need to be patent and what not... They should really ban BAB's, Posi and Castle from using the boards or having any contact with the community in general, cause they piss everyone off being such assholes. It took them 8 HOURS to figure out instant missions where bugged and do something about it, and 4 hours later no one can get back into the game... My renew date is in 3 days.... <.<&nbsp;

WTF... I come home ready to get on and play and all I get is a connecting #1 then connecting #2, on up to&nbsp;10 with no download what so ever. I know out of 2 accounts I will be cancelling 1 of them asap. I checked the forums and a lot of people are having the same issue. I thought all the downloads were already in place other then a few fixes and things.

Yeah, that's what everyone is getting. I've gotten something about 'fixing' my exe file, but then it DC's halfway through and fails to reconnect. Here is a suggestion for BAB's, how about not failing so epically next time so we aren't in this situation in the first place... oh yeah... Too bad no Lighthouse to throw people under the bus some more, that was no end of histerical during i12 testing and going live.

Niteforce said:
WTF... I come home ready to get on and play and all I get is a connecting #1 then connecting #2, on up to&nbsp;10 with no download what so ever. I know out of 2 accounts I will be cancelling 1 of them asap. I checked the forums and a lot of people are having the same issue. I thought all the downloads were already in place other then a few fixes and things.

Yep, Mill and I had the same problem tonight. Fucking frustrating.

I went in to the files and clicked on the updater and went that route. I have the files now and actually creating a toon!

Well, here's the Wednesday report.

I'm in and there's finally no lag and instances are working fine again.

But seriously, yesterday was easily the worst debacle NCNC has put out yet.&nbsp; And that's not even talking about the actual issue!!

*Sigh*

Here's hoping today is the real launch date >_>

Back