What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Sins of a Solar Empire FFA tonight

Grats, Zoned. I was thinking about whispering Barry and trying to turn him against you with questions like, "why are you taking the brunt of my fleet? Why isn't Zoned? HE'S USING YOU, BARRY. WE SHOULD DESTROY HIM TOGETHER."

But then I figured it would take too long for us to create a ceasefire. :3

That was a really good match, though. Awesome turnout too. So Sins Saturday is now on hiatus for a couple of months till I get back. Now we can go outside and shit on Saturdays. I forget what that's like.

Oh yeah, another depressing defeat screenshot.

1024x640.resizedimage

And here's the turnout:
1024x640.resizedimage

good game guys, tryden your rebel ability cost me around 5 planets (i recolonized and lost then again) -_-. sigma turned and killed xai,apog,and dragon then we had an epic battle at his star :) (wasn't fair though i was building up for a while :/ )

Attachments

• 2014-02-26_00003.jpg
    2014-02-26_00003.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 565
Holy crap, I forgot this game existed. Time to dust off my old Stardock/Impulse account and reinstall. I have the base game and Entrenchment.

Foremek said:
Holy crap, I forgot this game existed. Time to dust off my old Stardock/Impulse account and reinstall. I have the base game and Entrenchment.

This is actually an entirely new Sins, called Rebellion. No compatibility with the original and Entrenchment/Diplomacy expansions.

BUT, it has a lot of new shit. The most important being an entirely new class of ship, called the Titan (about 10 times bigger than capital ships).

It's on sale a lot, so I'd say just keep an eye out. Went as cheap as $10 once if I recall correctly.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204880/

Lord Tryden said:
Foremek said:

This is actually an entirely new Sins, called Rebellion. No compatibility with the original and Entrenchment/Diplomacy expansions.

BUT, it has a lot of new shit. The most important being an entirely new class of ship, called the Titan (about 10 times bigger than capital ships).

It's on sale a lot, so I'd say just keep an eye out. Went as cheap as $10 once if I recall correctly.

Unless it goes free, I'm sticking with Entrenchment. I have basically no money, and can't drop $40 on anything.

Foremek said:
Lord Tryden said:
Foremek said:

Unless it goes free, I'm sticking with Entrenchment. I have basically no money, and can't drop $40 on anything.

I'm not above whipping out the old Sins if you're craving a match. I think a few people here have it too (I have Entrenchment as well, or we can go vanilla depending on what everyone else has. But man, will take me a while to get used to having no starbases. Old Sins was a way more offensive game)

The super offensive nature of Sins is part of what I like about it. It makes how you organize your fleets really important. It's a game where macro, not micro, wins battles. I've been experimenting with some organizational structures the last few days, and I'd like to see how they shape up against humans.

I'll tell you this much though: if I finish a game with less than 16 capitals, I'm doing it wrong

MauserTeleri said:
DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE WHAT I SEE?
sins: rebellion is only 8 dollars!
we need to get our epic fantasy space fix! :)

I just noticed that it was on the Steam summer sale. What is this game like? I'm thinking of buying it.

Rumble Kittie said:
MauserTeleri said:
DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE WHAT I SEE?
sins: rebellion is only 8 dollars!
we need to get our epic fantasy space fix! :)

I just noticed that it was on the Steam summer sale. What is this game like? I'm thinking of buying it.

It's an RTS that has a lot of micro managing to it. It's pretty fun. You're pretty much always actively doing something. It really brings out the dark side in people lol.

Bumping this. Sigma and I are ready to play again. As always, standard rules apply:

-Anyone can negotiate their own secret alliances
-If someone has to go we save and pause and come back to it
-No Mausers

Back