What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Your Daily Songza

J. Tillman covered the Arcade Fire yesterday and it's fantastic.

[Best part at 4:30 on]

Original

thank you lanks but this is actually my theme song (and Frooz's)

i think this constitutes the first joint Frooz/Tryden songza post #meta #intertextual #happybarfdayfrooz

also this scene from Girls

The Billie Holiday Story - OG Amy Winehouse. (it's like I'm not even trying anymore with these blurbs. mibad.)

Some songs of the day. We begin with this trippy tune from Tame Impala: Feels like We Only Go Backwards.

I had the first 6 seconds of this song stuck in my head for about a month without being able to figure out what it was, and finally, gloriously, I came up upon it today by chance. The video is very cool. It keeps reminding me of the pog board I had when I was 12, and was the reigning pog champ of Jenny Lind Elementary for 2 weeks before they got banned at school.

Wrapping it up with some classic Led Zeppelin: Going to California, because I love my state. Even drought stricken and fire-plagued, California is beautiful/amazing/unforgettable/the best.

This song probably means nothing to you, but I spent so much time as a child pretending to play along with this casio demo that it never occurred to me to actually learn to play the piano.

here is an actual song doe:

This video is so cool, I just have to share it:

And lately I've been obsessed with this one, but not because it's a great song - I just think the chick looks like a young me, if you close one eye and squint a little. As good a reason as any, plus this is much better than the one they play on the radio (IMO):

I mean, Tove Lo totally looks like Young Frooz, amirite?? #obsessed

0yp0n3Pm.jpg
y3d8Mpnm.jpg

Dat nose doe.

Imagine Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love were your parents. Do you think your life would finally be everything you always wanted it to be?

Here's a fun fact. Cobain actually hated a lot of the music he made.

tumblr_lnhe1io0Xl1qz9qooo1_r1_500.jpg

Now here's the new Wilco album.

I actually own a floral printed thermal onsie that looks exactly like the one Courtney is wearing. I'm gonna feel slightly more cool when I wear it this winter. I mean yeah, she's a train wreck, and it's painful to watch her in anything for any length of time these days, and there are claims that she cribbed a lot of Kurt's stuff after he died. But Poppy Z. Brite did a cool autobiography on her like 15 years ago, so I can't bring myself to jump on the "Hate-Courtney" train.

Deep thoughts, before coffee.

Here is a song by Bob Marley that I heard for the first time yesterday:

And this is my new favorite song:

Rediscovering an old album today:

Jesus, that song sounded so much harder to me before I discovered witch house.
I don't even like the ending any more.
Entropy?

I've been on a hardcore Labyrinth kick this past week. I was never crazy about it growing up, didn't much care for it even though it was my bestie's favorite movie. But last week I got a wild hair up my ass to watch it and even though it took me three sit-downs - I had to keep stopping to read fanfic, you know how I do - I fucking loved it. I even joined the "David Bowies Crotch in Labyrinth" facebook group. I have no idea why I'm latching on to this so strongly, but I'mma roll wit it.

Here's an article with my most favorite phrase of the month, "...pants, magic pants..." http://io9.com/a-critical-analysis-of-david-bowie-s-crotch-bulge-in-la-474835373

I have listened to this at least 10 times already:

"You remind me of the babe..."

Back