What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

A New Direction for Vindictive

Tryden

Administrator
Staff member
Good evening,

A lot of you might have noticed that things are dying down with CoH/CoV. And not just on our server. Every server. There's no real content in the game that we haven't experienced yet, and as of now, we're simply repeatedly running the same missions/Strike Forces/Raids over and over.

To put it painly, the game's dying. Cryptic didn't put in enough high end content when they released CoV, and now they can't implement new Issues fast enough to make up for it.

I was talking to a few people, and rather than lose more of our core members because they have nothing to come online for, I have a radical suggestion.

Vindictive moves to a new MMORPG.

Mainly, World of Warcraft, which will be releasing a huge expansion in January. Read about it here: The Burning Crusade.

Just to give you guys something to think about. I don't want to lose touch with any of you, and I certainly don't want to see more people leave the game. Maybe a lot of you will be against this. But when I played Wow, I never ran out of things to do there. The world is vast. It's not repetitive because they release new content as often as CoV, but the new releases tend to be larger and with more new things to do.

So feel free to reply with your own ideas. Initially I wanted to suggest Warhammer as the new MMO for Vindictive, but that's not coming out till next June.

/commence anti-Tryden posts

This topic was moved from forum Members Only (CoV) to forum Members Only (WoW) on 11/13/2006 11:35 PM by Lord Tryden.

Also, we can keep this site. All we'd have to do is switch it from being listed as a CoV VG to a WoW Guild.

Well I was talking to Dominion XXX about checking out WoW not too long ago.
As most of you know, I was having cpu/video card problems. So I bought a new Ge force 7600 gt to replace my crappy ATI x600 video card and added another gig of RAM at Best Buy (retail electronic store) and had it all installed at the store. Well the tech who installed the stuff was a hard core CoV player who quit the game for WoW, basically the same complaints we all have about CoV.
1. too much grind over and over.
2. basically the same mish or goals regardless of levels.
3. lack of any depth.
4. everyone's NOT playing anymore or not enough active ppl.
5. B O R I N G !
Anyway, the tech. gave me a 2 week trial of WoW for free and he told me that all the employees at the store started a guild and swears that it's all that and a bag of chips. lol. Well I'll let you know when I play WoW if it's true?  Jorge.

Yeah, I've been thinking about giving WoW a go around, but I'd have noidea where to star with the classes and so forth.  They added twonew classes it looks like and the class I'd like to try out it seems isthe Dragon ppl as a Warrior.  Continue my melee class only role =)

Hock said:
Yeah, I've been thinking about giving WoW a go around, but I'd have noidea where to star with the classes and so forth.  They added twonew classes it looks like and the class I'd like to try out it seems isthe Dragon ppl as a Warrior.  Continue my melee class only role =)

Well they added two new races. And I played WoW for over a year before starting Vindictive here; I could be of some help as far as what classes to play based on your style. I'm planning to make a Blood Elf Mage (hopefully they don't get nerfed because right now they're awesome) and an Orc Warrior, since those never go out of style. Unless we chose to go alliance. Either way, it doesn't matter to me. (I prefer horde....Tryden's battlecry gives that away
face_plain.gif
)

Also, if we do this, we should schedule it when a new server comes out so everyone is the same level.

Well, I would wait and see what i9 has to offer first and I wouldn'tjump ship to WoW until it's new expansion came out anyways.  Iused to play a game called Monster Hunter that I loved dearly. I'm still pissed they never did release Monster Hunter 2 here in thestates, but the first game will always have a place in my heart and itwas the first game I played that was MMO like.

I'm just saying....we'd all start off at the same level as noobs and be able to team together like the early days of Vindictive. I think it'd be a lot of fun.

Also, I put this up in the Voting section. Feel free to vote on the idea.

Warhammer is supposed to come out late 07 IIRC and Age of conan is also worth checking into for people who are into lots of blood and gore.
<span style="font-weight: bold;">http://www.ageofconan.com/conan/en/media.htm

<span style="font-weight: bold;"></span>
<span style="font-weight: bold;">
</span></span>I might give Wow a shot again but i was not too impressed with it when it first came out.<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span>

</span>Btw there is already a guild called vindictive in WoW signed up with guildportals.
face_grin.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold;">
</span>

I too don't want to lose touch with any of you etiher. I would willingly move over to another game or games to continue to play with the same people.

I agree that maybe we should keep Vindictive here as well.

WoW sounds cool with me.

Dom and anyone else intrested&nbsp; fileplant is giving away 10 day free trial of Wow. Suggest trying out the game before making up our mind some might like wow, there are other who don't.

Hock said:
Well then, lets schedule a week where we DL the free trial and all play together then.

My CoV account expires November 11, the next day is Vindictive's 1 year anniversary. So how about Novermber 13 as the day we start with WoW?

Ok, thats on a Monday.&nbsp; I've been looking into the classes and Ireally don't want to be a tanker, I may try being a fire Mage and blastcrap or something.&nbsp; Not to sure what each set offers and howdifficult they are to play.&nbsp; This game is ALOT more complex thanCoX will ever be.

Wow isnt very complicated some aspects like lvling and missioning are compared to CoX but the sets are pretty simple.
From what i understand paladins got nerfed and rogue are still good in PvP (like stalkers).

I still have hopes for i9 especially all the stuff that is being promised (universities, new sets). Also Positron talked above Pve base raids and new Coop zone to fight common threat to heroes and villlians. Unlike state's Positron seems to have better ideas.

if not i will just buy a PS3
face_happy.gif
mid 07.

Well, i8 was supposed to be released in Sep and i9 was due in Jan, nowi8 looks like it'll be released mid-late Nov, possibly even early Decwhich will push back i9 to late March earliy April.&nbsp; Thats a LONGtime to wait for new stuff villain side.....entirely TOO long because Iwould eventually bail and head Hero side or a new MMO.&nbsp; Wings andTrenchcoats are NOT going to keep me going til next year, sorryCryptic, but you better get the ball rolling or i'm not the only onejumping ship.

Coldchylde said:
You guys are a pain in my ass......

......installing WoW now :/

End the thread now. Best quote in the whole thing.

Also, we just established today, we will be on Darrowmere, playing <span style="font-weight: bold;">Horde.

Edit: If you can, let as many Vindictive members know about this as you can. Also, feel free to let non-Vindictive members who are intrested in joining come as well. We'll discuss leadership and other guild issues once we decide whether this will be a permenant move.
</span>

Already chose my talents to lvl 60

<span style="color: rgb(255, 216, 0);">http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warrior/talents.html?<span id="copyURL" style="color: rgb(255, 216, 0);">3532500135201000010550000500500000000000000000000000</span></span>

Back