What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Civ 5 players UNITE

OK, so thanks to Elric, a bunch of people have gotten free copies of Civ5. SO WE NEED TO PLAY MOR CIV 5

Also, I found out that people with the expansions and without can still play together. We just have to uncheck the expansions and DLC when the game is created.

So, POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT IN FOR CIV 5 NIGHTS. Since we have Sins on Saturday, maybe we can have a Civ 5 night on a weekday.

LET ME KNOW

Bump. A lot of people now have this game, so I'm going to be setting up matches over the next few days. One thing I can guarantee: Xai and I won't be in any sort of secret alliance. RIGHT, XAI?

I found these helpful guides that give you an idea of what to aim for. The first one is only for vanilla Civ 5 and Gods and Kings, so it doesn't apply to Brave New World. We're mostly going to be doing vanilla Civ 5 for now, anyway. (Until more people get the expansions.)

http://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/1enm6r/civilization_5_ultimate_faq_and_guide/

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=468487

ALSO. If you're new to Civ 5, DO THE TUTORIALS. Should take you about 30 minutes and they'll teach you everything you need to know about game mechanics.

FYI (unless I'm mistaken)

Brave New World comes with all of the gameplay changes (improvements) that Gods & Kings introduced to the game. So if you only get one expansion, get Brave New World.

Really the only reason to get Gods & Kings is if you want specific civilizations from that expansion.

So tonight's game went about five hours.

It started off innocently enough, with all of us changing the names of our cities so they ended with Desu.

D6EE1DC7BEEE3783A77C02268A42284526092A9D

Xai ended up bowing out, so I went and attacked some city states. I was having a great time. Even named one of my expansion cities Lion's Arch Desu, except I ran out of space and it cut off the "u."

B6F2FB31D2DB5C8268DE77DD853EAD7073B79AB0

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Gabe landed, and we went to war (desu). Luckily he showed up where all my forces were, otherwise I would have been FUCKED.

0D8D635D5A27C6BF768456525277139857132E6C

Eventually, the war of attrition tired everyone out. And we retired to our mother's basements, where all Civ 5 players dwell.

UNTIL NEXT TIME, FRIENDS.

BUMP

Civ 5 is going to go down this weekend, guys. WHO'S IN? Will be my last one for a while.

Sidenote: I'm sorry I had to log last night, Sigma. FORGIVE ME

Who plays Civ in Vindictive? It'd be nice to play with people instead of AI's once in a while.

Anyone pre-ordered Beyond Earth yet? I'm super hyped about it, especially the tech web feature for research and the disruptive random events.

Rumble Kittie said:
:-( was gonna buy the dlc's when I got home from work. Way to burst my bubble, Duce!

Awww, shitty. Wish I had seen it sooner, that was an amazing deal. Sure it will come back for the Steam Summer Sale

I haven't pre-ordered Beyond Earth yet but will be playing for sure (=

It's on the Steam Summer Sale now. Vanilla edition $7.49, Complete $16.49. All individual DLCs are on sale, too.

It's the daily sale, so you have until tomorrow at 1pm EST to get it.

Back