What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Let's talk about a new game

.SPiNE said:
gorbella said:
Lord Tryden said:
<span style="font-size: 13px;">Hello Vindictivites (Vindictarians?),

blahblhablah.. Froozisms... blah blah blah</span>

♥♥♥♥♥

Well, Aion might be a bit much for my pc but it's still playable, and unfortunately AoC gave my video card convulsions. I've actually looked at CoH/V a few times and considered trying it.
As far as WoW goes - that could be fun with a real guild. When I quit playing it I was incredibly bored because my guild (aptly named Failure) had been slowly dying for a while, and I ended up being the only one on for days at a time.
I'm open to trying any game, basically.

edit: except for warhammer. I still have hard feelings towards warhammer.
<div>
</div><div>Aion doesn't require an ub3r system or anything. &nbsp;If you can run Age of Conan or Warhammer, then you can probably run 9 Aion's at the same time on that computer. &nbsp;No. &nbsp;I. &nbsp;Am. &nbsp;Not. &nbsp;Fucking. &nbsp;Exaggerating.</div><div>
</div><div>Not. &nbsp;One. &nbsp;Bit.</div><div>
</div><div>No really, I'm not, it barely requires anything.</div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>Really it doesn't.</div><div>
</div><div>Wow fuck just download the fucking game and find out for yourself I'm fucking serious.</div><div>
</div><div>It doesn't require much at all.</div><div>
</div><div>Seriously guys wtf, I'm telling the truth here.</div><div>
</div><div>God damnit fuck this.
</div>

>.> my laptop can play it no problem.
<span><h4>Minimum PC Requirements</h4>
  • Microsoft Windows® XP SP2
  • 2.8GHz CPU or equivalent
  • 1GB RAM
  • NVIDIA® 5900 Ultra with 128MB RAM / ATI® Radeon® x700 with 128MB RAM or higher
  • 15GB hard disk space
  • DVD-ROM drive
  • DirectX® 9.0c (6/2008 update)
  • Sound device
  • Broadband Internet connection
</span><span><h4>Recommended PC Requirements</h4>
  • Microsoft Windows® XP SP2/ Vista
  • Dual Core CPU 2.0GHz or equivalent
  • 2GB RAM
  • NVIDIA® 6800 with 256MB RAM / ATI® Radeon® x800 with 256MB or higher
  • 15GB hard disk space
  • DVD-ROM drive
  • DirectX® 9.0c (6/2008 update)
  • Sound device
  • Broadband Internet connection
</span>

I dunno the hard feelings to warhammer.&nbsp; People had major personality clashes and those spawned from frustration with a unblanced server. That is the sumary of what happened without revisiting the details.

If you want to try warhammer or keep playing, Start a toon on the Iron Rock server.&nbsp; Its actually really fun times there with a solid Med population on both sides with both sides again pushing forts on eachother on the regular.

A lot of us still playing are still playing on Vortex but just to pass the time till it gets merged with another server and we can play our main toons again like the glory days of T3 Vindictive.&nbsp; We made some Order Characters on a Oceanic server called Iron Claw to help pass that time.&nbsp; Had lots of fun doing that there as well.

Really people its not a bad game at all.&nbsp; Just got stuck on a bad server.&nbsp;

Ashelia01 said:
for the aion people NCsoft just opened the US beta...
OK OK I'll download it! No need to hold a gun to my head!
(Has been waiting for this moment for what feels like a LONG time.)
EDIT: I'm jumping at shadows here, have we got a link or two for aion?
EDITEDIT: This is highly upsetting - One must preorder now to get access to the betas and I think the last beta ends today. I'm going to go pout for the rest of the day.

-QQbella

gorbella said:
Ashelia01 said:
EDITEDIT: This is highly upsetting - One must preorder now to get access to the betas and I think the last beta ends today. I'm going to go pout for the rest of the day.

-QQbella

Yeah I was talking to jared about that last night they changed the link for the beta signup to the pre order thing... I'll attach the download file no clue if it will help or not

http://www.2shared.com/file/6585756/8e0067a8/aion.html

Ashelia01 said:
gorbella said:
Ashelia01 said:

-QQbella

Yeah I was talking to jared about that last night they changed the link for the beta signup to the pre order thing... I'll attach the download file no clue if it will help or not

http://www.2shared.com/file/6585756/8e0067a8/aion.html

awesome, I'll definitely be trying to make it work.

also, Tryden have you been fooling with the forum again? I almost freaked out when the page went gray some big box popped up. Me: "OHMYGOD I BROKE IT!"

.SPiNE said:
OMG it happened to me too! &nbsp;Damnit Frooz, you broke the damn forumz!!
I knew this would happen sooner or later. Guys, stand back. I'm going to try html.

so far so good with the aion - the download works, you click on it and then it downloads something else, then that downloads another thing, and I have only about 230 hours till the last thing downloads, or at least I think it's the last thing. Yes, that's two hundred thirty hours - better get started now, folks.

Later that night...

Aion hath downloaded! Huzzah! (No more writing tonight, I obviously have more important things to be doing!)
It was technically not the last download, you must dl game guard before starting. Lets see what happens now...

A little later than that...

I am thwarted by the login screen. The account from the Chinese beta does not work.

Curses.

Gah, despite not being a SW fan, this line

Because really BioWare is a company that is about making a great RPG experience, not about making games for a hardcore MMO audience.”

and what else I read in that post about the game is probably gonna have me at least trying it -_-  i feel dirty now.

<span style="color: #5f497a; font-family: verdana;"> I know no one else wants to, but I've been playing WOW. If we decide on something, I MAY play it, but no promises. After laptop failure where I have WAR, and trying to adjust to playing WOW [never played WOW before, and played WAR for sooo long] idk if I could handle another game right off the bat. It would take some time for me to move games. 

BUTTT... If you decide on SW I'll probly be in on that. I'm saddly a fangirl, and know that I would love it.</span> <span style="color: #5f497a; font-family: verdana;">Just keep posting, and tell me the verdict.

heart.png
 Daria</span>

Ok, so I can't believe Lotro was mentioned once by tryden then never again. I played it for a month when it came out and enjoyed it but never found a good guild to mesh with. We have tried getting people into AoC and CoH/V but the general feeling I am getting is people have broken down into their games. Jared plays CoH, Spine plays AoC, and some other plays WoW. What we need is to find a game we can all get into. Runes of Magic wasn't bad, got my toon to lvl 20 on both his jobs but then kinda wandered away (read: Resubbed to War).

The consensus seems to be on SW:ToR, but that wont come out for awhile. Aion and Global Agenda has have been tossed around alot and those certainly have some promise (been playing GA since alpha and have enjoyed it immensely).

My two cents, I really think we should just keep floating for now. Champs comes out (supposedly) in Sept and so does Aion. If we try jumping into another game right now (like Lotro) we will just abondon it when one of the games we actually wanted to play comes out. As for me, I am replaying Fallout 3 with the DLC.

I'm working on trying to get Vindictive into some of these betas as a guild. So if anyone asks, we have over 100 active members. In reality we have about 30 active people posting or logging in frequntly to the website, and 40-50 who do so at least once a week. We have 93 members who've logged on since June 1. There are a total of 168 people registered to the website.

That aside, I'm also researching Aion and Champions Online as potential games to get started in during the Fall. If we do chose either we'll do what we traditionally do when we start new games; get those subscribed to the game to help hand out trial keys that usually come with MMOs. Just so those without cash to blow can try it before they buy it.

Chances are we will eventually become a SW:ToR Guild, but in the meantime, hopefully we can play another game for the full year or more that it'll take for that game to drop.

Keep providing your input, and I'll keep working hard to apply Vindcitive to betas and let us freeload as a guild.

Heard Champions has ZERO pvp in it.

Ya can count me out of that, if my vote counts.

Been watching some vids and hearing people who have been playing Aion and been getting mixed reviews.  Everyone sayd the graphics are great (which I agree watching some HD gameplay vids) but the gameplay itself is where im getting mixed reviews.

If you do get in on Aion let me know what its like for you all here.  IM still not looking at it as a game I have a lot of interest in, but gota look farther then that to make a good call!

Marius Xerxes said:

Been watching some vids and hearing people who have been playing Aion and been getting mixed reviews.  Everyone sayd the graphics are great (which I agree watching some HD gameplay vids) but the gameplay itself is where im getting mixed reviews.

If you do get in on Aion let me know what its like for you all here.  IM still not looking at it as a game I have a lot of interest in, but gota look farther then that to make a good call!
<div>
</div><div>I beta tested Aion along with several Vindictive members for about a month and I can say that it's a pretty solid game...but the gameplay is questionable.  I'm lazy so I'll just make a list of pros and cons.</div><div>
</div><div>Pros:</div><div>Graphics</div><div>Cut-scenes</div><div>Low system requirements</div><div>Flight system</div><div>Chain/combo system</div><div>Lots of quests</div><div>Option to PvP anyone, anywhere, and anytime through a "duel request"</div><div>I think there are also specific PvP zones but I'm not sure since I didn't have the time to look around</div><div>
</div><div>Cons:</div><div>No "skill/talent tree" to make your character unique (there is a system of enchanting, like gems in WAR, and another system called Sigma or w/e but it barely gives you enough customization)</div><div>Flight system - you can only fly for a limited amount of time and only in flight-enabled areas :[</div><div>A lot of hunting quests, but this is usually the case for most MMoRPGs</div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>I'm sure I've left out several pros and cons, but overall, the individual classes in Aion is EXTREMELY fun to play, however players of the same class may not differ much from one another due to lack of power customization.</div><div>
</div><div>Maybe I'm wrong and there is a skill tree that I didn't notice...or maybe I just wasn't at a high enough level to make use of the customization feature...or maybe some features were blocked from beta-testers...or I could have just FAIL :[</div>

.SPiNE said:
Marius Xerxes said:

Been watching some vids and hearing people who have been playing Aion and been getting mixed reviews.&nbsp; Everyone sayd the graphics are great (which I agree watching some HD gameplay vids) but the gameplay itself is where im getting mixed reviews.

If you do get in on Aion let me know what its like for you all here.&nbsp; IM still not looking at it as a game I have a lot of interest in, but gota look farther then that to make a good call!
<div>
</div><div>I beta tested Aion along with several Vindictive members for about a month and I can say that it's a pretty solid game...but the gameplay is questionable. &nbsp;I'm lazy so I'll just make a list of pros and cons.</div><div>
</div><div>Pros:</div><div>Graphics</div><div>Cut-scenes</div><div>Low system requirements</div><div>Flight system</div><div>Chain/combo system</div><div>Lots of quests</div><div>Option to PvP anyone, anywhere, and anytime through a "duel request"</div><div>I think there are also specific PvP zones but I'm not sure since I didn't have the time to look around</div><div>
</div><div>Cons:</div><div>No "skill/talent tree" to make your character unique (there is a system of enchanting, like gems in WAR, and another system called Sigma or w/e but it barely gives you enough customization)</div><div>Flight system - you can only fly for a limited amount of time and only in flight-enabled areas :[</div><div>A lot of hunting quests, but this is usually the case for most MMoRPGs</div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>I'm sure I've left out several pros and cons, but overall, the individual classes in Aion is EXTREMELY fun to play, however players of the same class may not differ much from one another due to lack of power customization.</div><div>
</div><div>Maybe I'm wrong and there is a skill tree that I didn't notice...or maybe I just wasn't at a high enough level to make use of the customization feature...or maybe some features were blocked from beta-testers...or I could have just FAIL :[
</div>

Firstly, you'll have to excuse my grammar/spelling/choice of words because I stayed up nearly all night getting that essay done.

But anyway, another feature of Aion is the extremely customizable person maker, with height, T & A size, bulkiness, even how long you want your neck and how big your head. So it's not often that you see two players running around who look exactly the same. I spent a large amount of time just playing around with that part to tell the truth.

I didn't get very far in Aion, actually - not even level 10 - before my server connection snafu'd so I can't say much about the game play. Flying sounds so awesome though.

/2 cents

gorbella said:
.SPiNE said:
Marius Xerxes said:

Been watching some vids and hearing people who have been playing Aion and been getting mixed reviews.&nbsp; Everyone sayd the graphics are great (which I agree watching some HD gameplay vids) but the gameplay itself is where im getting mixed reviews.

If you do get in on Aion let me know what its like for you all here.&nbsp; IM still not looking at it as a game I have a lot of interest in, but gota look farther then that to make a good call!
<div>
</div><div>I beta tested Aion along with several Vindictive members for about a month and I can say that it's a pretty solid game...but the gameplay is questionable. &nbsp;I'm lazy so I'll just make a list of pros and cons.</div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>Maybe I'm wrong and there is a skill tree that I didn't notice...or maybe I just wasn't at a high enough level to make use of the customization feature...or maybe some features were blocked from beta-testers...or I could have just FAIL :[
</div>

Firstly, you'll have to excuse my grammar/spelling/choice of words because I stayed up nearly all night getting that essay done.

But anyway, another feature of Aion is the extremely customizable person maker, with height, T & A size, bulkiness, even how long you want your neck and how big your head. So it's not often that you see two players running around who look exactly the same. I spent a large amount of time just playing around with that part to tell the truth.

I didn't get very far in Aion, actually - not even level 10 - before my server connection snafu'd so I can't say much about the game play. Flying sounds so awesome though.

/2 cents

They added in new armor systems that you can get really awsome armor but your not able to farm it as the drop system for it is random it picks one random monster in the world and stays there untill it gets killed. that will make the armor stats different. also after you get a certain level you can choose between 2 classes to change to so that makes it 6 main and 24 extra clases.

In the last testing they were showing the new crafting system that looks a lot like the SWG system. You can craft what ever you want it will always have a different status depending on the quality of the items you use. And no not like warhammer. Lets say Item one is semi good and item two is great, you could get a weapon that is +13 to a certain stat. Now lets reverse it. Item one is Uber and item 2 is sucks you might get a weapon that has a unique ability to it or if you really have no luck you get a weapon with -stats
face_grin.gif

Marius Xerxes said:

Everyone's vote counts

That's the tricky part of a gaming community. Finding something everyone's going to like isn't likely. With Warhammer we left half our Supergroup back in CoH. But in the end we were continually bleeding people so we had to move, the game was getting stale, and staying in it risked us fragmenting our community.

I'm doing a lot of research into Aion to see what it can offer us, since a lot of people are leaning that way. At the same time I'm keeping my eye open for anything else that might suit us, including already released games.

Either way it's summer and I don't forsee Vindictive getting extremely active and mobilized until fall. Summer's always a drop off period for us.

Renek said:
Ok, so I can't believe Lotro was mentioned once by tryden then never again. I played it for a month when it came out and enjoyed it but never found a good guild to mesh with.&nbsp;

I love this game and have an active subscription. PM me. I'm on Meneldor.

Marius Xerxes said:
<div>
</div><div>CO HAS PVP: the first PVP Event
</div><div>
</div><div>FO REALZ: Details on the current PVP system
</div><div>
</div><div>It was covered in a third article somewhere I can't find atm that initally there will be hero v hero pvp and this will expand to be full pvp once the 'villains-side' is fully implemented.  There is even the promise of H v V pvp in the normal game world and that unlike in CoH you can defeat each other (HvV) while doing normal sorts of activities.  Griefing this system is the only reason why they're bringing out Hero pvp first only.</div>

Back