What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Let's talk about a new game

masterjedijared said:
Marius Xerxes said:
Heard Champions has ZERO pvp in it.
<div>
</div><div>CO HAS PVP
</div><div>
</div><div>FO REALZ
</div>

It works a lot like a sumo match, but you don’t have to throwany salt or be fat. What it means is that if anyone steps outside or isforced outside of the dome <a name="continue"></a>they lose, or if your health is reduced to zero you lose.

Despite my adoration and anticipation of Champions Online, I have to say that's kind of lame.

I myself am reeealy looking forward to the Apocalypse matches where its huge team vs huge team (or possibly SG v SG......) and the ultimate goal is to gank the other side's leader.<div>
</div><div>^_^</div>

Aemon Algiz said:
masterjedijared said:
That's jsut for open duels.  There's a full arena with even more elaborate matches available.

I'm well aware, I just meant that aspect of PvP is quite lame.
<div>
</div><div>I kinda agree.  Like someone said on the CO forums what happens with Ranged toons vs melee in a ring like that?  Or all these bubble-duels popping up all over the place...  I guess thematically its so that the duel can be 'televised' like a DBZ sorta situation except that the heroes agree to not wreck the real estate in the mean time.  I think it can be fun but yar, sounds close in the lame category for the open duels.</div>

OK I posted a poll in the Voting section of games that will be out this Fall, and that we mentioned as potential new homes until SW:ToR or some other far off game comes out. I'm hoping to make a decision by the end of the month so we can start getting set up as early as August

If you think a game is missing from the poll say your pick in the comments section

I have a few thoughts i'd like to share.
First regarding this.

Lord Tryden said:
Renek said:
Ok, so I can't believe Lotro was mentioned once by tryden then never again.

I love this game and have an active subscription. PM me. I'm on Meneldor.

I have started playing a trial account on LOTRO, and I must say, its a very decent game.

Would I buy it now and start playing? No. I want to wait until a new MMO is released before I start playing another MMO. (this is one reason Eve should not be mentioned in the poll, Eve is a great game but as a guild we would be so far behind other alliances it would be impossible to create something to go against the top guys)
So for now, i'll stick to trials and free mmos for as long as I can (Runes of Magic is a very decent MMO, and its free)
I will say one thing about LOTRO, that it possesses features that would make a great guild, you also have varying classes so people can find something they actually want to play. Cant speak for its endgame, but it has crafting and hobbies from what i've seen. Sure had more going for it then CoH (I can do an RSF now yay).
If we had purchased LOTRO when it came out, Theres a good chance we'd still be playing it.

My second is regarding Champions Online.

Are we REALLY going to play another superhero MMO!!?
c'mon... I MEAN C'MON!! REALLY?!!?

Can count me out on this one folks, I will not be purchasing this, nor even clicking on anything relating to it if i can, infact, if i see this in a game retail outlet i will push the title onto the ground and kick it under the rack just so i don't see it.

My third thought is regarding AION Online.

Besides the fact that I only got to play this game for a couple of days because I followed Spines advice about graphics settings and then my whole game got corrupted and wanted to redownload 12 gig of data.

I did get to level 12, and whilst I did like the visual quality of the game, I didnt find anything that made me sit back and think "Wow this game kicks ass!" or "OMG this feature is totally awesome" (if you havent played Matrix Online then they have this feature that lets you stream mp3 and radio from the web, it kicks ass, Also, having an embedded browser in Eve also made me jizz in my pants)

I also think in Aion they could have had a translation feature to translate chinese text into English (aka Final Fantasy "Sorry to bother you. I'm dead. Could you raise me?") Of course their going to have English servers and what-not but i thought it would have been nice so the Asians could play with the english people together.

Hell, after playing that game I actually thought i WAS asian, the game just has this, "look and feel" about it that is SOOO final fantasy that I felt compelled to type "^^" at the end of my message in the chat window. Not to mention that although the game is easy to figure out, its features are generally overcomplicated, take for example these rune things that you activate to make you do more damage, i didnt even know how to use them till SPiNE told me (i guess the instructions weren't translated into english yet o_O)

I could say a lot more about Aion but i need to continue my other thoughts, so i'll just say, i wont be purchasing Aion either, i dont see it going anywhere in the end game and its biggest selling point is its graphics, which to be honest i dont really care for, if im playing a decent game with people i enjoy i dont care what it looks like.

My next thought is regarding the poll, I chose LOTRO because there was nothing else to pick, its a decent game anyway.
But as a Guild the game which is chosen HAS to be something that has decent end game, I cant stress this enough, take WoW for example, I levelled my Pali to 80, and then all i could do from there, was raid Naxx twice a week (once on a 10man, the other time a 25 man) and usually get crappy rolls when the item i wanted did finally drop. I couldnt do other raids because people would check gear and send back tells (lulz cum bk wen u have t8 gear n00b)
THIS IS NOT SUITABLE ENDGAME MATERIAL.

Now, i've been typing this for a while now, and cant remember where i was going with all this, but, please think about the endgame when you suggest a game, ideally the game needs to be fresh so we have an equal start, or at least something thats easier to get into (unlike Eve)

One more thing before i hit save.

ANOTHER HERO MMO!?!
CMON!!!?!?

LanksCOH said:
Besides the fact that I only got to play this game for a couple of days because I followed Spines advice about graphics settings and then my whole game got corrupted and wanted to redownload 12 gig of data.
<div>
</div><div>TL;DR.  But about your comment...it's ok, I did that on purpose to crash your game so you couldn't play anymore.  Why did I do it?  Because I care.  How?  Because you, sir, levels at an exponential rate...therefore I had to stop you somehow so you wouldn't reach end game during a freaking beta, so you'd have something to look forward to when the game comes out.  Smiley face.</div>

First off .. I hate the new java pop up for adding posts... cant use my BB anymore ><

But back to the games, the only problem I really have with champions online and Lord of the rings is that it will be a "haven't I been here before?" feeling.

Explanation in detail..... I tried the beta for Lotr and well it just felt like another WoW/WAR game just with new names slapped on to them. Yes the voice over for most of the quests were nice but it just seemed like I was playing WAR all over again.

Champions online on the other hand has the same feel as CoH, which sure isn't a bad game but reading comics and novels as a kid. The whole destruction factor is missing.. If you watch any cartoon that has a super hero in it. Something always blows up or breaks when they fight.I would want to take someone and toss him through a building and maybe even have the building collapse afterwards. and then once the fight is over have a 5min respawn on the buildings and such. Watching some of the game trailers there was this "superman like" hero and he got stuck against a tree flying at top speed... wtf?

EvE i agree on it is way to late to start in that game as a guild.

All I have to say about world of warcraft is ... why?!

For Swtor it is going to be a while before they get all the things worked out but as it will be a NEW game we can establish a foothold in the game. Which is the same for Aion however with Aion we can roll out people having to upgrade their computers. As I recall A lot of people had problems with WAR due to gfx problems. Swtor will have a lot higher need on a upgraded system.

Other MMO's on the list that are coming out soon or have just been released:
Lego Universe
Hello Kitty Online 2
Stagate Worlds
Startrek Online
Darkfall
Global Agenda
MArvel Universe
DC Universe
<span class="latest_news">Atlantica Online</span>
Earthrise
<span style="font-size: 10px;">(info pulled from different websites)</span>

Lord Tryden said:
Renek said:
Ok, so I can't believe Lotro was mentioned once by tryden then never again. I played it for a month when it came out and enjoyed it but never found a good guild to mesh with.&nbsp;

I love this game and have an active subscription. PM me. I'm on Meneldor.

What is your name?

Ashelia01 said:
blah blah..Hello Kitty Online 2..blah blah..

THERE IS A HELLO KITTY MMO?!? WHERE have I BEEN?
(I have hello kitty snack bags, lunch boxes, barrettes, etc.. I have a bit of a 'cute' fetish, you could say.)

I am off to immediately investigate this Hello Kitty business, I will report back with my findings.

PS - Tryden, you are suffering from 'Change the Forum Text Input Box' addiction. This is your intervention.

It's not out yet.
face_cry.gif

Don't worry, though. I signed up for the newsletter. You guys will be the second to know! ;P

<span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">Admittadly, I don't forum much anymore, but I thought I'd share my view since you're lookin for views.</span><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">While I enjoy video games a lot, I actually look into games very shallowly for judgements.</span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">I generally play for a feel of it, both visually and if it plays comfortably enough.  For MMOs my main draw is people and interactions, and something to do when no one is around. </span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">That being said I generally wind up playing whatever Jared gets into.  </span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">I like CoH, but I don't put the time into it to feel like I can do much of anything solo, which bugs me to no end. </span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">I liked Aion when I played it,  I like the Star Wars games that bioware made. I'll try the MMO when it comes out. But if I like a game that noone is playing, I'm not likely to stay that long. </span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 13px; ;">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">After that, I'm a cheapskape and don't like spending money on things I'm not likely to do much.  If there is a game out there that lots of folks are playing and Jared likes well enough, I'll probably try it. </span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ;">I have mixed feeling about Champoins, but since there is a strong interest and Jared likes it, I'll be willing to try it if it does well.</span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 13px; ;">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 13px; ;">Edit: What happened to the posting format? Text looks big and clunky when typing and when I changed it to be readable it posted oddly.  Is this a Guild Portal change or something?</span></div>

So as per recognizing a lot of focus is going to be put on SW:ToR in the coming months, I moved the forum section to the Member Forums. I also deleted the WAR Benediction forum and merged threads in the WAR Vindictive forum.

Now it's just time to decide between Aion or Champions for September.

Back