What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Aion Online!!

Aion Online is currently in beta for NA (even though it's difficult for it to not be in chinese). I have been trying the beta out a bit over the last couple of days and I'm definetely enjoying it. If anyone wants to give it a try along with Vosereign, Snahk, and a number of other Vortex players, I can hook you up with info on how to get it.

I got it installed!  I rolled a scout (yesh ima be assassin >_>)<div>
</div><div>Which side is everyone on?  I'm level 5 so it won't take long for me if I need to reroll.</div>

Lord Tryden said:
Spine was pimping this game hard a few months back.

How is it anyway?
<div>
</div><div>Oh lawls. &nbsp;Yea, I'd love to test out the beta. &nbsp;Can Uchoo or Jared post a direct link? &nbsp;Or show me how to do it...I WANNA KNOW HOW TO DO IT GODDAMNIT!</div>

<span>http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4013939&postcount=54</span> <div>
</div><div>If it doesn't load up properly, go to post 54 (the number is in the top right of each post).  If you follow the directions implicitly you should have no problemos
face_grin.gif
</div>

I'm looking for a new game, is this promising? Do I need to be concerned with servers or sides? Please, dish.

The graphics look promising. &nbsp;I personally have not had the time to download it yet. &nbsp;Jared, can you just put the installation file on your thumb drive and mail it to me?
face_mischief.gif

As for the servers I and several american peeps have started up on 106 and Asmodian (dark dudes) side.  For the Elyos (light dudes) I rolled on 105.<div>
</div><div>And Hanna and I have been thinking of a new game for about a week or two now.  I hope that we all decide on one that we can pwn in
face_grin.gif
 If Aion comes State-side soon it may be it but Hanna is even considering WoW so she can be a squeaky gnome.</div><div><span>
face_shock.gif
</span>
</div><div>
</div><div>
</div>

masterjedijared said:
As for the servers I and several american peeps have started up on 106 and Asmodian (dark dudes) side. &nbsp;For the Elyos (light dudes) I rolled on 105.<div>
</div><div>And Hanna and I have been thinking of a new game for about a week or two now. &nbsp;I hope that we all decide on one that we can pwn in
face_grin.gif
&nbsp;If Aion comes State-side soon it may be it but Hanna is even considering WoW so she can be a squeaky gnome.</div><div><span>
face_shock.gif
</span>
</div><div>
</div><div>
</div>

I'm on 106
face_grin.gif
AemonAlgiz

It's pretty cool so far.  I'm liking my Scout who is my highest (5 or 6 atm).  Combat can be either stand there and wail on the enemy (like most mmo combat) or you can utilize movement to dodge or crit more often.  Little arrows will tell you how to move once you move around a tad too.  Kinda neat.  Also, lots of little ways to tweak your character's stats already at these newbie levels.  I can imagine that fine-tuning them into monstorous killing machines later on will be quite fun.<div>
</div><div>I haven't leveled high enough or found the pvp yet but from all the vids I see its pretty epic.  Think like you can dive-bomb someone while stealthed and assassin strike them without getting moving supression.  Or fly-by nuking.  Also, Priests are very viable in pvp and solo as are Mages.  No particular need to duo with a melee-er if you can't find one.</div><div>
</div><div>The pve isn't bad.  It's the same kinda "fetch muchrooms" or "kill boars" at times but sometimes the quests are a little more interesting.  They're certainly easy so you don't feel like its such a chore to do any single quest.  Money and loot seems to come pretty easily so far.</div><div>
</div><div>The graphics are quite nice.  The environment is probably between WAR and WoW in complexity but more towards WAR I think.  The ambiant music is sweet imo but I love asian culture and music.  It does get kinda heavy metal-ish like in combat but the transition isn't jarring at all.  Overall the character models are probably in-between CoH and WAR in complexity but will obviously take on a ever-so-slightly more anime-ish look (its made in Korea after all).</div><div>
</div><div>One of the major aspects to character creation will be how many options you get.  Think along the lines of Oblivion.  You can customize pretty much any aspect of the face and main body.  There's also a color pallete to work with instead of pre-selected colors to choose from for skin, hair and lips.  Oddly enough you can't pick eye color though.</div><div>
</div><div>The client is VERY stable with a very high frame rate.  I was definately impressed by it considering that it uses the CryEngine.  It will however prevent itself from loading if any other 3D applications (like other games) are running as well.  Dunno if you can dual-box in it or not.</div><div>
</div><div>So, that's my mini-review.  :)</div>

Woo! &nbsp;Nice review Jared. &nbsp;I will definitely leave my comp on while im in class today to download it then.<div>
</div><div>PS: &nbsp;F U ZAZ!!</div>

Well I've looked around for this game, but all I can find is the chinese game client. If you could shoot me some info on how to get the NA beta I'd be greatly pleased.

Hey frooz, the link I posted a few posts up has everything you need.  It will be the chinese client though.  There's no "official" NA beta client just yet BUT when you install the english pack it works and reads just fine once you get into the game.

Anyone having a Directx problem? &nbsp;I got an error box popped up and said that Aion did not recognize my version of Directx and I'm using Directx 9 on an XP OS.<div>
</div><div>WTB help<span>
face_sad.gif
</span></div>

Back