What's new
Vindictive

Register a free account today to become a member. Once you're approved, you'll able to participate on this site by adding topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox. We are not legally responsible if you're sexually harassed by Spine.

Aion Online!!

I CALL THE TANK0R!!...once i get the game to freakin work<span>
face_sad.gif
</span>

I'm DLing it as I type this with Stomp giving comentary about how awesome he is and drinking all my fucking beer.

Hock said:
I'm DLing it as I type this with Stomp giving comentary about how awesome he is and drinking all my fucking beer.
<div>
</div><div>How bout you 2 stop roleplaying cause he's obviously not drinking all of your beer...</div><div>
</div><div>freaks.</div>

W00T!! &nbsp;Finally got it to work!<div>
</div><div>I have to say, the graphics is pretty amazing when you max everything out. &nbsp;It looks 10x better than WAR and I'm getting higher FPS than I did in WAR as well. &nbsp;I'm also impressed by the character facial creator, at least a female actually looks feminine now.</div><div>
</div><div>On 106 Asmodian!</div>

.SPiNE said:
Anyone having a Directx problem?  I got an error box popped up and said that Aion did not recognize my version of Directx and I'm using Directx 9 on an XP OS.
WTB help
face_sad.gif

Update your DirectX n00b

Well, I finally got it downloaded about an hour ago. When I try to install it though, I get this error:
"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need and x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.. the version of the AION client I have is 0.9.5.0 ... Am I missing something? I've been googling this and poking and different forums almost this whole time, and my patience grows thin. All information I get claims that the client runs perfectly on w7/64. I can post my dxdiag shizz if that would help someone figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Halp!
face_cry.gif

Update: I'm pretty sure I just got a bad download. I'm redownloading it from the link in this thread, hope it works.

If it is a Directx problem, like mine was, it would say so specifically.<div>
</div><div>Did you download all the files and placed them all in the same folder or directory? &nbsp;There are 6 files in all for me. &nbsp;Although I didn't really use the Data.zip file =/</div>

Look, you freaking noobs:<div>
<div><span>Download all 5 files from here</span>
</div><div>Save them all in 1 folder</div><div>
</div><div>Then download the english "pak" here: &nbsp;<span style="white-space: pre; "><span style="">http://rs125.rapidshare.com/files/218882500/ENU.pak</span></span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">For conveniencyishness, save it in the same folder as the rest of the downloaded files</span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">
</span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">Register here: <span style="">http://register.sdo.com/PTNew/index.aspx</span></span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">Only fill out the boxes that has a red asterisk in front of it.</span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">
</span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">It goes:</span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">*User name</span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">*Password</span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">*Confirm password</span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">*Enter whatever characters you see for security reasons or w/e</span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">Click the button at the bottom and you're done with registration.</span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">
</span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">Note: If an error box of some sort pops up, check to see if your name is already taken, there should be a box with different name suggestions as well.</span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">
</span></div><div><span style="white-space: pre;">Edit: If anyone still has problems after the download/registration process is over, let me know and I might be able to help<span>
face_wink.gif
</span></span></div></div>

Just another note for those who are wondering if they should try Aion. &nbsp;Try it!<div>
</div><div>The graphics is amazing and it just makes the players feel more immersed in the world. &nbsp;Wait till you get into a forest at level 5 or so, it is amazing! &nbsp;The monsters and characters are drawn extremely well as well.</div><div>
</div><div>Edit: &nbsp;Also, the chain system is pretty neat, kind of like a combo system, it actually makes the players chose what he/she wants instead of just blindly smashing buttons. &nbsp;Not sure if there is a crafting system or not.</div><div>
</div><div>There is, however, manastones that you can slot into your gears (there are slots within the gears) to improve certain attributes(kind of like gems). &nbsp;Then there is something called enchantments which also improve your gears but they better your gears by increasing the gears' level itself (I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many enchantments you can perform on one weapon, but it does have a chance to break your gears).</div>

well, I think it's done installing, but what I assume to be the "next" button is not available:
9zwbv.png

did this happen when you folks installed it?

This is killing me.
absolutely killing me.
I can't wait, I'm just going to start clicking.

UPDATE: My new theory is that installing in compatibility mode with XP is effing me up, so now I'm trying it w/o compat. mode.

UPDATE2: That was a no-go, Delta. Now trying compat. w/Vista. God how I wish I knew how to read chinese already.

UPDATE3: I... I think it worked? I ended up closing the installer with task manager, then copying that enu.pak over, and clicking on the correct grouping of nonsense characters (er.. I think I was clicking on the uninstall program a few of the times.. say nothing.) in the start menu. From this point one can safely resume following instructions from the warhammer forums link. My NEW problem is this box of chinese characters that pops up when I try to update the game. More news at 11.

.SPiNE said:
Look, you freaking noobs:
Download all 5 files from here
Save them all in 1 folder
Then download the english "pak" here:  http://rs125.rapidshare.com/files/218882500/ENU.pakFor conveniencyishness, save it in the same folder as the rest of the downloaded files
Register here: http://register.sdo.com/PTNew/index.aspxOnly fill out the boxes that has a red asterisk in front of it.
It goes:*User name*Password*Confirm password*Enter whatever characters you see for security reasons or w/eClick the button at the bottom and you're done with registration.
Note: If an error box of some sort pops up, check to see if your name is already taken, there should be a box with different name suggestions as well.
Edit: If anyone still has problems after the download/registration process is over, let me know and I might be able to help
face_wink.gif

It won't download them damnit

Ivy- said:
.SPiNE said:

when I downloaded them, first you go to the page and then you click on the file and it brings you to a new page, and on that new page you click download and a little box opens and from that little box in about 7 seconds the download starts. Perhaps you have a pop up blocker on?

my NEW problem is that it keeps flickering to the desktop.. and random chinese and korean guys trying to group me. any help for either of those two issues?

gorbella said:
Ivy- said:
.SPiNE said:

when I downloaded them, first you go to the page and then you click on the file and it brings you to a new page, and on that new page you click download and a little box opens and from that little box in about 7 seconds the download starts. Perhaps you have a pop up blocker on

No I've gotten data.z02/z03, the setup thing, and the english thing to&nbsp;download into c:/program files/aion but the little zip file thingies&nbsp;that I&nbsp;downloaded from the part 2 of 4 and part 5 are being retarded.

yo when i install the game from the start
its all in chinese, im not ivy im korean
the registration page is in chinese
when does the language pack kick in?
I believe that my registration worked
i guess ill wait til i get the game installed

Back